One day as we were on our way to school Bridger saw the big yellow school bus parked by the side of the school. He asked me longingly, "Mom, someday can I ride on a school bus?" I explained that someday he would get to ride a school bus that it would probably be in a long time so he would have to be patient. He said, "Ok, mom." and was a little sad to hear me squash his hopes of a bus ride. I took him into the cafeteria and signed him in when his teacher told me that they had just made plans to go a on field trip to the local pumpkin patch. I immediately asked if they would be riding on the bus. She said they would be. I was so excited to tell Bridger and he was even more excited when I told him he'd get to ride on the school bus soon. When the day finally arrived he was so ecstatic. Angeli was sad she couldn't go and she made sure we stood there and waved to all the kids goodbye (she did get to go to our play group Halloween party though so her sadness was short lived). Bridger sat next to his teacher on the bus and she later told me that the entire drive he kept poking her on her arm to tell her how fun if was to be riding on the "big yellow school bus". I was such the dorky mom taking pictures and beaming for my boy going on his first field trip and riding on the school bus for the first time. Oh, I cant believe he is already having these grow up experiences. Time is flying!
2020 goals
6 years ago
2 comments:
His little smiling face is so cute!
It think that's so cute!
Post a Comment