Sunday, November 8, 2009

"Bye Daddy. Don't draw on Grandma's house!"

Those were the parting words from Bridger. :O) Stewart left today. He is starting his OB/GYN rotation. The kids kept asking why daddy had to go to school at Grandma's house. Honestly we didn't have the greatest answers for them. I finally just told them it was because it is the best place for daddy to learn how to help mommies have their babies. They thought it was rather cool that daddy would get to help out with something as exciting as having babies. He'll be in Vegas for six weeks. The kids and I will be here until Thanksgiving and then we will drive to Utah where we will be together to celebrate Thanksgiving day. After that we will follow him back to Vegas to celebrate Benjamin's first birthday. That was one thing we were not going to let him miss out on. After our celebrating is done the kids and I will drive home to wait out the remaining three weeks until he returns home. I am feeling a mixture of feelings right now: sadness, courage, weakness, gratefulness, tiredness and energy. I just have to decide to let the positive feelings prevail. Its only two weeks till we see him again so I know I wont miss him too too terribly but seriously, driving to Utah by myself with three kids, setting up our Christmas without him, being a single 24/7 parent to three littles, and keeping up with sharing time, planning our primary quarterly activity, baby shower throwing, ceramics, my catering thing I started, hosting play group, getting my Christmas projects done...I feel overwhelmed. I am just praying I can have the peace of mind to do the most important thing - be my babies mommy. Stewart, work hard so you can play when we come to town! Till then we miss you and love you!

2 comments:

Karrasch Clique said...

I have to say that I have tears in my eyes as I am reading your post! I don't know how you do it? It is going to be hard, but honestly if you need anything, please let me know. Even a Saturday to get stuff done...I would love to take your kiddos and have them play! And I LOVE setting up Christmas...I am just a phone call! Good luck! You will do great! You are a wonderful mommy!

Becca said...

Oh Emily! You guys are in my prayers too. I got teary eyed reading your post too. You guys are such a wonderful family. We love you and know that you will survive even if it's hard. We are excited to see you at Thanksgiving!!
Love Ya Tons!