One of the great things about being a stay at home lady is that you get to be your own boss. Not that you don't have a million demands from your dependents constantly but nonetheless you decide how you will take care of all your responsibilities and what "extras" you will sign up for. Now this can be a really fabulous blessing or a major curse. It depends on what kind of boss you are to yourself. Lately I have been a terrible boss. I keep adding more and more to my to-do list. I want to blame others but the reality is that it is all me. I have been waiting for someone to come and advocate for me and take away my heavy load but there is no one to do that for me but myself. I am the one and only boss. If I was a hired employee and my boss required me to do all that I require of myself I would absolutely QUIT! They would be completely unfair and unreasonable. So I am giving myself my two week notice. For the next two weeks I am going to do all the things I am already over committed to do and then I am done. Then I will be the best boss I could ever ask for and I will not make myself do anything I would not ask another person to do.
Now I know this might sound like a contradiction after reading my "motto" post but it is what it is. I can only dig so deep for things that are secondary to my family's welfare. I realized that the joy I had that day only came after I put my family first and set aside my Christmas gifts, service projects, and event planning. They often say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I mean well with all I want to do...I want to be so many wonderful things and do so many wonderful things for others but if I am distracted by all these "goods" I may just destroy what really matters most. When my children reflect back on their childhood I don't want them to first reply that I was beautiful, a great cook, or whatever I want them to say "My mother loved me." - I never want them to feel that they were just burdens taking me away from my more important work. There is nothing more important then them. Nothing.
Ahhhh, my load feels lighter already!
2020 goals
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment