Saturday, November 14, 2009

Party, Party, Party!

I survived the baby shower! Now I just have to last through the Thanksgiving party, and Twilight party! :O) The baby shower was a big success. Here are my latest sweet treats and my new favorite baby shower games. Yes, we even got compliments on the games.

The invite:
Thank you Picasa! It cost me like four bucks to get 4o invites made. Import a Google image add text and there you have it! And people even thought they were cute. so easy, so fast, so cheap!

The Treats:




The topping is whipped cream...I used my mom's trick to help the whipped cream keep it's shape. It totally worked.
These pics were taken four hours after I pipped the cream on the tarts! Thanks mom! You add 1/2 cup sour cream to two cups whipped cream. I used Daisy brand because it is the least tart. The easiest and best tarts I have made yet...just use filo dough! PERFECT and EASY!

The Games:
Baby Shower Candy Match

1.) Umbilical cord = Super Rope
2.) Girl = Baby Ruth
3.) Breast Milk = Milky Way
4.) Boy = Junior Mints
5.) Baby Laughs = Snickers
6.) Triplets = Three Musketeers
7.) Twins = Double Mint Gum
8.) Father = Sugar Daddy
9.) Epidural = Lifesavers
10.) Night of Conception = Score
11.) Breasts = Mounds
12.) Day of Delivery = Pay Day
13.) Hospital Bill = 100 Grand
14.) Contractions = Whoppers
15.) Non-lactating breasts = Milk Duds
16.) Baby Kiss = Kisses
17.) Congratulations = Hugs
18.) New Born = Sugar Baby
19.) Tiny Toes = Tootsie Rolls

Celebrity Baby Guessing Game

(top, left to right) Halle Berry, Jennifer Aniston, Meg Ryan, Ricki Martin,

Jimi Hendrix, Nicole Kidman, Janet Jackson, Usher


We all had a fun time. 10 till the baby shower the kids and I were still in our PJs. I was stressing out big time. I told the kids to hurry and get clothes since we were going to be late to the baby shower I was throwing. Bridger said, "Mommy, lets say a prayer." Then he folded his arms and prayed that we would hurry, and get to the party on time. It was very sweet. By some miracle we got there in time to set everything up before anyone else arrived. I am counting it as a blessing from Bridger's prayer.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Wow, you did an amazing job!! Thanks for all the ideas! Maybe I'll use them next Baby Shower I throw!! You are so talented!

kami said...

that is such a cute baby shower! i'll have to come back to this if i ever throw one...you gave me some great ideas!!

Cassidy said...

Way cute! I'm going to have to steal some of those ideas. . .