Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"Dear Heavy Fader,"

Sometimes it alarms me how similar my Bridger is to me. He certainly has his wild side that I sort of lack but in most ways he is a mini-me. One of the most common stories I hear about my childhood was how I prayed. I was the prayer giver at our house and I would say long, thoughtful, and very personal prayers. I remember my sister helping me say my prayers at night and I was going on about how I was worried for Holly because her parents were getting a divorce and I was crying and everything...I was in kindergarten. I was a dramatic compassionate kid eh?!?! Well, our Bridger has become the prayer giver at our house because he demands it so. He always wants to say the prayer and he says many personal prayers throughout the day. Several times a day when he is distressed, gets hurt, sees that his mommy is distressed, is sad, or really excited about something he takes a moment to pray. Yesterday he prayed that his mommy would be nice after He had gotten in trouble, the day before he prayed that we would not be late to church, he always prays that Angeli will sleep in her bed all night for three nights in a row so she can earn her paper dolls...Everyday there are several things he prays for but usually his prayers are thanks. Thanks for his blue cup, our table, his hot dog, mac and cheese, his baby, that its a wonderful day, ... It is so fun to hear him talk to his Heavenly Father with so much faith and friendship. I am grateful for his example.

Some of his prayers:

Last night Angeli was scared and said she thought bad guys were outside our house. I told her that there weren't any bad guys outside our house and that Heavenly Father sends angels to stand watch outside our house so that we will be perfectly safe. Bridger was intrigued that I said that. He said he really wanted to see them. I told him I thought that would be nice to see an Angel. Next thing I know he is huddled in the hall praying, "Dear Heavy a Fader, thank you for angles to be outside our house. Please help me to see angels..." after his prayer he ran to me, "Mom, I am going to see angels!" :O) Its funny to me because I cant even tell you how many times I prayed as a child that I could see angels. my boy.

He has said multiple prayers that, "We will have more babies. A girl baby! Then we can buy a new house that is big with stairs that go up up up! Wooop!"(along with his sound effects he motions up with his arms) - he asked me the other day if we could get a new house that was big like his friend's new house and I explained that our house fit us perfectly. So he decided that if we had some more babies we wouldn't fit anymore and we'd have to buy a new BIGGER house! Crazy kid. Maybe I should explain that we need a lot of money too! I wonder if his cries for money would get us some more cash flow? LOL :O)

Tonight the kids were fighting over who would get to pray. They each got a turn but once one would pray for something the other insisted that they have the chance to pray for it too. One of Bridger's prayers, "Dear Heavy Fader, thank you for my go to Rachael's house before I go to Mama's house then thank you I go to Mama Smith's house, thank you I go to Disneyland, then thank you I going to Bethany's house. Help Benjie to get all better. Thank you daddy didn't die in the car crash, that daddy car got all broken and that we can buy a new car..." - we went over our itinerary with the kids thus his many thanks. We also told them about Stew's little car crash in which he and the car were fine but Bridger imagined something much more dramatic.

The other day I exclaimed how cute our baby was and Bridger thought it worth praying about, "Dear Heavy Fader, Thank you for my baby brother. Thank you he's so cute. Thank you Benjie learned to walk..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great little guy he is, you're so lucky.

Kirsten said...

That's really adorable and cute that he really already has such a strong testimony. What a cute kid!