Thursday, October 29, 2009

Such good kind hands.

We have lost our share of library books over the last year. Each time we have had to replace them at cost, time, and energy to us. I promised myself after each book had been lost that it would be my last lost library book. With every loss I would take even more extreme precautions to insure our borrowed books safe return. But as my life would have it we lost yet another book. Like all the ones before I was flabbergasted that I could have lost it. This time the lost book was Bridger's favorite. We ALL searched high and low. After renewing the book for the last possible time I was disappointed that I would have to face the grumpy librarians to tell them I was still a bad parent who had lost ANOTHER book. Just going to the library when my kids are hushed by all those around and people are constantly giving me looks like "control your children!" is hard enough but to have to face them and explain I am as irresponsible as they assume is painful. Besides, searching online for a lame old book that would cost more then it was worth because it is out of print is not my favorite pass-time either. Thinking of this approaching fate I thought we would just have to stop going to the library all together. With all this on my mind I began praying fervently for this book. Several times a day I would say a little prayer that I would be blessed to find it so we would not have to go through that ordeal.

Tonight I found the book. It was were it should have been all along. I had looked there at least five times, Stewart had searched there at least twice. It was on our way high up (children cant reach) "library book cubby". Just sitting there like it had always been there with all the other books.

I pulled it out and Stewart and I were totally astonished. It was an honest-to-goodness miracle. I don't know any other explanation then that Heavenly Father placed it there somehow.How? I have real answer only that it must have been a tender mercy.

It brings so much awe and comfort to my heart to think that Heavenly Father would bring about such a miracle for us. I mean really, a library book?!?!? I feel as though He his reminding me that if He takes such care to accomplish a thing like finding a library book how much more care He takes to protect, guide, and lead our family's welfare. It is so very good to know we are in such good, kind hands. Thank you Heavenly Father for our library book miracle. :O)

0 comments: