Monday, October 19, 2009

I lost it somewhere along the way

I have lost my long term memory somewhere along the way. It is just about gone. I have almost no childhood memories. Almost no teenage memories either. They vanished soon after I got married. Now I don't mean to sound overly dramatic but could my mind have blocked them out? I have often wondered if I embraced my new life with Stewart so wholeheartedly that I accidentally blotted out my life pre-stew? My life was so crazy right when I left home for college and so many changes happened so fast. In a matter of 8 months I graduated from high school, had family crisis at home, moved out on my own for the first time, started college, met Stew, got engaged, got married, and all of this was done at the age of 18/19. I didn't really slow down after that. Three years later I had two children, graduated from BYU, was working on starting a business, buying a home, and moving away. Life was busy. I was going as fast as I possibly could to keep up and I wonder if I just stopped thinking about my past because I was so thoroughly focused on the future. I have been trying to remember things about my childhood. Trying to think about things more and more and ask my siblings questions to help me fill in the blanks. It has been coming back a little here and there. It wireds me out. I used to be the girl that could remember everything. I guess it is a good thing that I am keeping a blog and a journal so that I can at least read about my past if I cant remember it on my own.

1 comments:

AdaMandy said...

I feel that way often. Especially after having Gabe. I guess that could be why we're instructed to keep a journal. I found some nice sites that you can make your blog into a printed book if you're interested.