So it is my birthday. I am twenty five years old today. Well, at 5:10 pm to be exact. I feel old. I know that 25 is a young age but really its not that young anymore. I am now closer to thirty and I am sorry all you thirty or forty or fifty or sixty or seventy somethings but in my book 30 is the mark of not being "super young" anymore. My whole life when I tell people my age they gasp and tell me I am so young for having so many kids or whatever...but I know that response is fading as I get older and older. Soon I will tell people my age and they wont bat an eye. That is fine. Maybe I should be offended that they assume I am older then I am but really "wow, you are so young", whether meant as an insulting judgment or flattering compliment I don't care, it has become part of being me. I will miss it a little bit. Anyways, moving on...
We are celebrating this weekend with a joint thing for Stew and I. Therefore today is going to be low key but I am still looking forward to soaking up every moment of it. I have no where to be and nothing pressing to do! Oh, that feels so good. I am going to go the pace I want all day long and drink in the freedom of having a "me" day. For my treat I am making a prune cake. I thought it'd be fitting as it could mark the celebration of my becoming a dried up old prune! ;o) I found it on The Pioneer Women's site and she said it was a must try so we are doing just that. I love trying new/odd recipes. If Pioneer Woman loves it then I am sure I will too!
Happy Birthday to me!
2020 goals
6 years ago
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Emily!!!! You beat me to a birthday post...so I guess a birthday comment and phone call will have to do!! We love you so much and are so grateful that we are sisters!! You are a wonderful addition to our family!! Have a wonderful day and upcoming weekend. We love you Emily!!
Happy Birthday Emily! 25 is a little scary isn't it? I still haven't quite gotten used to it and I'm 26 next month. :) It's pretty crazy being in this ward and suddenly being one of the older young people in the ward with so many new-newlyweds moving in... yikes!
I hope you have a super happy day and a delicious prune cake!
A prune cake?!?! Seriously!? Emily, I need to be there to make you like a triple chocolate cake because 25 is an amazing age!!!!!
;-)
Just kidding! You go girl for being adventurous. You'll have to post a picture or something! We love you so much and are glad you are part of the family. You are such an example to me and a great mom/wife. We love you!!
Happy Birthday, I understand. I feel old at 25 too.
Post a Comment