Me and my kids have really let ourselves go these past weeks. We have been eating whatever we feel like. And often that is vegetable soup and apples but more often then not it's cookies, chocolate, cheese... you get the picture. I go through phases where I love to exercise and eating right is second nature. But then I have times when I have little desire to stop myself from eating whatever it is that I want and exercise keeps falling lower and lower on my priority list. I usually get myself out of this sort of funk by finding an event that I can look forward to and want to feel cute and dress cute for. But I have nothing coming up. No vacations, no holidays (well, besides Easter), and no big events - nothing and so I called my cousin-in-law up and we decided to be diet buddies. That didn't last too long. She was way motivated and I wasn't. So now fearing that I will never care again I am turning to making a public commitment on my blog to do better. Its not about being skinny or anything like that, its about being healthy for my kids', my husband's, and my own sake. As I eat so dose my family. I have to make sure I care at least for them. I wouldn't be trying this but Stewart, my husband who has always just eaten whatever sounds good, told me we really need to do better. So if Stew is noticing that we have been really bad I guess it must be horrible. So starting right now we have very strict cookie and sugar rules in our house. :o) We have got to detox our kids, they are seriously addicted to sugar! And so are we, well at least I am. Sugar is only allowed at church or when I am running errands and only fruit snakes will keep them under control! And no deserts!!!! I usually think this "absolutely not" goal making is set for failure and misses the true goal- moderation, but with our level of addiction I think we need to get a clean slate to start with. Anyways, Starting now no sugar and my punishment for letting myself or the kids eat unnecessary sweets is that I have to blog about it!!! Hopefully this is that last you have to hear about our sugar detox! Now I am going to go throw out the cookies! :o)
2020 goals
6 years ago
6 comments:
I love this! I thought for just a minute about saying I'd be your diet buddy... but then realized I'm still in the middle of a whatever-I-feel-like-goes phase and probably better not commit. :) Good luck though and thanks so much for the super sweet note too!!
Emily,
Here's a little help for you: my sister-in-law's blog is all about healthy food for you and your kids. Here's the link:
http://blog.superhealthykids.com/
thanks beth :o)
WAY TO GO EM! I know it's super hard but it will get easier. I've been on my "no-sugar" diet since january and haven't slipped once! All I do is say no sweets, desserts or things like that except I get one day off a week. Sometimes it's sunday or our date night on friday etc. The first few weeks I would overload on my day off, but now I don't even really want the sugar. It tastes too sugary and gives me a headache. Goodluck!
Oh man I hate those moments! We go in cycles too! And no sugar is hard-but you do feel better!
I need to be like you! Let me know how it's going. I feel like I've been like that too, and I don't want to! Yeah yeah, I'm pregnant, but really??? I don't need to let that get to me. I hear you. What I eat, so does my family. AH, I used to be so good with Carter. you go girl!
Post a Comment