It seems like I haven't written about the present tense for a long time so here are some updates and cute kid happenings that have been going on at the Rasmussen house lately. However, I hope this isn't over kill! :O)
- We finally have a microwave! It has been months. We were given Christmas money to buy one but then we had major car repairs so that didn't really happen. But yesterday someone gave us one! I am so glad, it will make my life so much easier.
- After kicking his sister (that part wasn't cute at all) I sat Bridger in his timeout chair and tried to give him a talk about being nice. He then proceeded to stick his fingers in his ears and started to sing and jabber. I couldn't help from laughing. I wonder where he gets this stuff.
- My sweet Angeli is getting a little feisty these days. The other day while I gave the kids their bath I decided I would read New Moon while they played. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Angeli glance up at me to see if I was watching and then she totally hit Bridger for no apparent reason. He of course pushed her back. She then started to ham up a martyr's scream. If I had not been watching closely Bridger would have totally gotten blamed for that one. That sneaky girl!- My kids love their teddy bears. They have to take them everywhere they go and if Angeli forgets her's while we are heading out the door Bridger will run back and make sure to get her's for her. When they eat Breakfast their teddies have to be in sight. Bridger even pulls up a chair next to his high chair and carefully places his teddy next to him. It is really cute.
- Bridger is very much into clothes and getting dressed right now. I'll find him with his dad's shirt on or his daddy's shoes on strolling around the house just as nonchalant as ever.- Angeli wants to walk so badly but I think she still has awhile to go. Her feet are just not growing!!! I wonder if she'll ever be a size three! I keep putting off buying her new shoes thinking she'll grow out of a two soon, its been since before we moved here! Oh, well. It is fun to see Bridger trying to help her walk. He holds her hands trying to steady her as she walks. Its cute. Here is a really short video of them walking together. Please ignore me in my bath robe! :O)
- Angeli is learning more and more words. Her favorite and first is "baby", then "wa wo" - what we call pacifiers, "ball", "Ma Ma", "Ted Ta bear"- teddy bear and she'll copy a lot of words that we say for her, although I am not sure I would count them as part of her vocabulary just yet. She growls and screams a lot too! At the store she was making such a racket with all her growling and screaming as she saw so many things to be excited about that the passer bys and I were all laughing at her. It just sounds so funny coming for this petite little angelic looking girl. I call her my little gremlin sometimes. :O) Here she is learning about farm animals. -One of our cars is in for major repairs. I swear we have the worst and best luck with cars ever since we moved here! There goes another $1200! :O(
- Stew is almost done with this last spree of tests! He has done really well on them. But it means long nights for him. We have fun bringing him dinner though. :O) We will all be excited for his Spring Break in two weeks!
- Bridger is learning sign language and it is so fun to see how excited he is about it. I am so glad he'll be able to communicate better with us about all the things he is excited about, his feelings, and his needs.
- Whenever I am doing something that makes Bridger happy. He'll stop me in my tracks and grab my legs and give me a huge hug and kiss. It is one of my favorite things. The other day at the park I followed after him on a slide and when I got to the bottom he grabbed my legs and gave me a huge hug and kiss, I love how unexpected it is. Last night when we had family wrestle time. He grabbed Stew and I and just started to kiss us and hug us back and forth. It was so sweet. I love his affectionate side and seeing him so happy.
- Bridge is in love with his old jumper from when he was a baby. Except he looks absolutely ridicules in it now!
2020 goals
6 years ago
10 comments:
I'm bummed, I just wrote a long comment and I don't know where it went...I know I pushed the "publish" button... Oh well, Eden just woke up so I can't re- write it now, but maybe I"ll get a chance later. love ya, Bethany
I just love seeing your darling kids and what they are up to!
I'm jealous you guys get spring break! Sorry about the car problems. I hate it when things like that happen. You do your best to budget and then something like that happens and ahhh! Carter is into hugs and kisses these days too. I agree with you, it is soooooo fun. I love that he reciprocates the feelings we tell him.
I can't believe how big they are. And so cute!!!
Emily, It is sooo fun to see your kids and their personalities. I have a video somewhere of Adelyn doing the same thing to Brayden right after Sophie was born. Girls can be pretty fiesty and sneeky. It makes me wonder how many times Brayden has gotten in trouble for something that he didn't start. He still shouldn't hit her back but...Ahh sometimes it's hard to be a mom!! Angeli will start walking all by herself really soon!! That is sooo cute to see Bridger helping her! Bridger in the Johnny Jump up is classic!! He's adorable!! We love you guys and we are praying for you!! Sorry about the car problems!!! Take Care!!
I loved reading all about your cute kids. Don't worry about Angi's feet, she'll just be like Becca. Which was great last weekend at D.I. because Becca scored all these new size 6 shoes. Midget feet are not a bad thing to have I guess. I miss you!
First of all I feel your pain about the car. Our stinking lemon of a car still resides in our carport-and it took everything we had a couple of years ago!!! I guess we can't part with it for some reason! :) I am sorry and hopefully this will be the last of it for a long while.
Second, your kids are amazingly cute and adorable. I love how Bridger takes care of his little sister. They are growing up fast and seem like such great little friends. They look so happy together. You must be doing a great job.
I like the updates! I need to do them more often! But I seem to always blog about our lil baby! - so how do you put videos on- I luv that I have some fun ones I would like to put on!
Your kids are adorable Emily! I'm so grateful to have you as a friend and sister!
Kiersten is still in infant (size 1) shoes. she doesn't even fit size 3 yet, they fall off. She has very tiny feet and hands and is in the 2% for Height and weight. She weighed in at 17 pounds even (in a wet diaper), at 15 months. she is not walking yet. her 7-8 month old cousins are catching up to her fast. She loves to crawl, but shows little interest in learing to walk.
Post a Comment