My life is in a new place. Its a little new for me to have such a grown up kid around. I know Bridger is only three and all but really what a difference! He can dress himself...well, he needs help here and there but still that is huge. He can play and entertain himself for hours at a time playing all sorts of imaginary games, he talks to me all day long about what is on his mind (and his mind is a really adorable place). He is potty trained though he still has accidents about once a week or so but he hasn't wet his bed at all. He is a jolly little man with a tender heart and it "breaks" regularly when he thinks we are upset with him. He sits through long books now and asks questions and gives lots of commentary. He helps Benjie when he drops toys and lets me know when Benjie is sad. He loves to help his mom and dad with chores. He loves learning about everything around him. We love our happy, fun. smart, handsome, super energetic, tender hearted boy! Thank goodness he is ours.
Awhile back he had been put in timeout for something... I don't remember what but he was still sulking about it when his daddy walked into the front door talking on the phone with his Grandma Rasmussen. Bridger wanted to talk too. So he gets the phone in his hands and what dose he tell his Grandma? Something like, "My mommy hurt my heart. My heart is broken. My Mommy broke my heart. Mommy did it." (big pout and everything). I got some giggles out of his telling on me and felt no remorse.:)
He and Angie act more like twins then big and little sister but he is starting to assume some big brother roles. He likes to help her with things that are hard for her to do. Sometimes she wants nothing to do with his help but when she lets him it is adorable. The other day she was trying to get her stroller up the steps to our back door. She was getting frustrated that it was stuck.
She screamed at the top of her lungs," Stuck. Mommy. Stuck!"
Bridger came smiling along, "Angie I help you. OK Angie? I help you."
She replied, "Ok Baba."
Bridger picked up her stroller like it was nothing carried it up the stairs and set it in the house. Angie smiled with glee that it was finally up and waddled up the stairs in her rather uncoordinated manner. Bridger rolled it over to her as she got to the top, "Here go Angie."
Angie almost giggling at him said, "Thank you Baba!"
Then they were off racing into the next room.
I cant believe my kids are finally at that point of social skills, language, and manners to do that all without me intervening.
Bridger goes to speech or "big kid school" once a week. It is at our local elementary school. I love watching how confident he is about the whole thing. When we pulled up to school today Bridger told me he wanted to be the first one out of the car. I got him out and then he said "Bye Mommy." and took off running through the school. Angie, the baby, and I made our way behind him. I watched from across the little courtyard as he made his way to the classroom and knocked on the door. His teacher opened it and Bridger said, "Ello!" to his teacher and classmate. He then announced that he had to go potty and just like that he was off to the bathroom waving goodbye to me as he went. He is not afraid of the big school or the big kids or anything. He thinks its just a great place to be. I love how he greets everything with his arms wide open and with so much happiness. I hope he never loses that. Its one of his trademarks. ;)
3 comments:
Oh, Bridger is getting so big, so grown up!! He's adorable. I love to hear little conversations between our kids...at least for the most part...every once in a while I have to jump in and remind one of them to be nice...but it's still soooo cute. We love you guys!!!
This blog post will be such a treasure. What a great tribute to your sweet guy! I hope you can see some family soon. I hate being far away from all my siblings and parents. It's so sad to realize that my kids are growing up without having cousins and grandparents nearby. I can totally relate to that feeling fo missing everyone.
So adorable! I love that they are so sweet to each other and helpful! what an awesome big brother to set the example for the children!
Post a Comment