Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Homesick

Life is really really good. I am so happy in my life right now. I really don't think I could wish for anything to be different. (Well, except I wish I had some more money in the bank. We are used to poverty these days so we don't stress too much about it anymore, but basically life is fabulous.)

However, I have been homesick. I have been hoping it would just go away as I got busier and planned fun things here in Reno but it keeps getting harder to ignore. The homesick I have is not a wanting to getaway its just plain old missing my loved ones and my second homes. I want to walk into my parents' home, get a big hug, watch my children hug on their "papas" (as they call them) and let them play with their cousins. I want to feel the warmth of my Mom and Dad Ras' hospitality and love, I want to see beautiful Utah in the Spring and visit my dear Eden, siblings, and grandparents that all live there. I want to visit my family far away and be apart of their lives. I would love to see my brother and his sweet new wife and see their beautiful world in Alaska, or my sister in Alabama and meet her new little puppy and gush over all her home improvements, or my sweet sick sister in Arizona and cook her dinner, clean her house, and kiss on her kiddos, or go to Ohio and take in it's beauty and let me kids have the time of their life playing with their cousins. I want to be in my favorite places with my favorite people.

My heart hurts to think that most all my family has never even seen Benjamin, they are all missing his babyhood. Thanks to blogs I know they see him lots but its not the same as real interaction. I am seriously thinking of just loading up the car and leaving somewhere but every time I get all excited about just going I realize I cant. First, I cant afford the gas. Second, I have too many responsibilities here: dinners to cook for people, sharing times to teach, ceramics to finish up for Mother's day, a yard project to finish up before it gets too hot, and so on.

So I guess I just want all my family out there to know that I miss you. I really really miss you. I love you. I really really love you. And someday I will get to visit you again.

Until then thank goodness for phones, blogs, and email! :O)

2 comments:

Becca said...

Emily, You are so cute. It does feel like it's been along time, and we've even been able to see Benji...but man, he's sure grown since Christmas. I'm so grateful for blogs too.... thanks for getting me into it! ;) I love seeing pictures of your adorable family and all that you guys are doing! It will be fun to be together again...hopefully sooner than later! Love you!

Andelin said...

I seriously thought of loading up the car and going home or to your house this week. but then...it's the same I can't. Maybe after school gets out, if I'm still itchy...we'll see. You could take me to the mountains. It's so beautiful out there. I'd love to be in some trees again!