Saturday, February 28, 2009

Kids. They make me giggle all day long

Mom- "Is the cheese yummy?"

Bridger- "No, It's licious Mommy. Mmmmm, licious!"

Bridger talk for delicious. I love it.

_____________________________

Today at the park Bridger thought he had lost Angeli. He was running around calling out, "Angie where are you? Angie where are you?"
When he found her his furrowed brow relaxed and he ran to her. He exclaimed in glee, "I found you! I found Angie."
He then gave her a big hug and led her to where he wanted to play. "Look, Angie. Come side." (side is Bridger for slide)
Angeli then countered with a big smile, "Okay, Baba. Side!"
_____________________________

These days Angeli and Bridger are inseparable. They play all day long together. They really are best friends. They copy each other at every thing even in what they fight over. It's always "Mine!".

They will be sitting there playing with Angie's kitchen and Bridger will see me passing by and say, "Hi Mommy. "
Then Angie yells, "My Mommy!"
Bridger retaliates, "No! My Mommy!"...
This continues until they are simply screaming "Mine!" It gets to the point where they have no idea what it all started over so they pick something new. "My spoon!"

While this does drive me a little crazy it makes me laugh! Silly kids and their possessive habits. :)
______________________________

Today Angeli insisted on two things before we could leave the house. Putting on her bright red lipstick she got for Christmas and putting her pacifier in her mouth. So grown up but still such a baby. And I can assure you that lipstick and pacifiers are not a great mix. ;)

_____________________________

Benjamin is learning the joys of Peek- a-Boo. His laugh is adorable!!!

_____________________________

It is now Angeli's routine to be tucked in at night with Benjie. We have to lay him in her crib next to her and read them both stories and such. He actually really loves it. She puts her arm around him and oogles over him as he squeals to the exciting adventures of Whiney the Pooh. Benjie secretly adores her even though she has been known to wipe diaper cream all over his face.
_____________________________

When Benjamin cries Angeli gets like an inch away from his face and screams, "It's Okay Baby! IT'S OKAY. BABY!". To my surprise it always works. He actually stops crying. I think his silence is more out of shock then comfort but hey, it works. :)

Man, my kids really are my favorite things ever.

3 comments:

Karrasch Clique said...

How cute!!! I love sibling love. I don't know how anyone ever stops at one!

AdaMandy said...

Some of my favorite posts to read are when people put their kids quotes up. Kids say the funniest things. You're kids are adorable. I love it when a mom can notice those small things and find joy in them.

Andelin said...

I love posts like these. They make me smile. Especially when I know and love the kids so much.