Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hello Neverland!

So we had our Neverland extravaganza today. We crammed all our kid's friends into our house to experience our recreation of Neverland. In total we had 23 people here including kids, parents, and babies. If you've been in our house before then you realize how tight that must have been. :) When it was all said and done Stew told me he thought it was a big success. I was relieved to hear him say that. He was a little unsure when I started making plans to build a teepee and a pirate ship. Oh, Yee of little faith! ;0) Honestly I am really tired. As I am sure Stewart is as well. I feel bad for making Stewart do all my projects...because, lets face it, he is the one who really ends up building the teepees and the pirate ships in these sort of endeavors. I just sort of direct. But he was a great sport despite the endless crazy tests he must prepare for. This week he has been such a good support to ALL the the things I seem to busy myself with. This week I helped throw a baby shower, made dinner for a friend, had several business appointments, ran a million errands, had doctors appointments and Bridger's speech.... When I got home from the baby shower last night Stewart had constructed the pirate ship I told him I was going to try and make complete with a pirate flag and steering wheel. What a stud huh?!?!?

So our party had the biggest teepee we could fit in our tiny house, we turned Angeli's room into a fairy retreat, made our dinning room as junglely as we could, and did a treasure hunt. Our Hook battle and our Teepee painting never went down though. I don't think they would have gone too well with how the kids did with the treasure hunt....there were just too many kids to try and orchestrate those ones.

I honestly think my favorite part was seeing the kids faces when they woke up this morning to see their decorated house. Here are some pictures we got of our Nerverland bash.


Close ups of the Jungle
I had fun with the Jungle snacks.
Beetle wings - potato chips, worms - gummy worms, spider eggs - yogurt covered raisins...
The TeepeeThe Pirate Ship
One of Bridger's and Angeli's favorite things was the amazing Peter Pan Birthday cake our awesomely talented friend Mallory made. It was like the one I had in mind to make only ten times cooler. There is no way I would have had time to do a cake too, I am so grateful she volunteered to do it. Check it...
Angeli as a Mermaid
Bridger as a PirateSome of the kids awe struck by the cake and ice cream. :)
Now we are all tired out!

6 comments:

Karrasch Clique said...

It was such a FUN party Emily! You guys did a great job!

AmyJane said...

It really was a big success--Patrick's been talking about it evern since we went home. You people with the creativity...I'm starting to think I didn't get my share of that particular talent!

You did great...baby shower down, birthday party down, on to planning sharing time, right? I don't know how you do it all.

Mallory said...

I second Amy on the really really big success. It's all Carson has talked about today. "Birthday, Bridger, Angie, Fun, Boat....repeat"

Anne Marie said...

That party looks amazing! I'm impressed you were able to throw such an event, even with a newborn.

Kirsten said...

Your party looked amazing. You guys always do such a fun job and the theme was a perfect one for kids. I LOVE the cake and baby pirannas. I think they are both so fun. Great job with everything!!! I wish I could have attended too!!!!

This year are Ethan and Brynlee's odd birthdays, so their parties are coming up in a couple months too. I think we are doing Knight and a Princess one. I'll have to get some ideas from you in a couple weeks!!!

Becca said...

I love it!! Our kids thought your ship was the coolest and now they want us to make them one....we'll see. I loved the cake too!!! What a talented and kind friend you have there!! We love you guys and are glad that the kids had such a fun party!