So Stewart matched in Reno for as much time as possible. We were so relieved. I guess this year it was pretty even and only one person was sent to Las Vegas for the entire year when they didn't want to be. So yay for most everyone. :O)
One of Stew's classmates asked if he'd switch with him so that he'd be in Vegas at different times and have a different layout of rotations. ie. surgery first, then obgyn vs. peds first..... So we tried to look at what would be best for Stew's school and for the family and we finally decided to switch with his classmate. Instead of feeling relieved that we are in Reno so much I feel worried and apprehensive. I now know what we will be facing in detail and I really am not sure how I will cope. Stewart will be gone from July to the end of September. Then he will be home for October and the first of November then he'll be gone until mid December. He will go from taking the first boards right into his surgery rotation up here for three weeks and then be in Vegas for the rest of the summer. The longest I have gone without my husband was a week and that was when I only had two kids, none of which were toddlers plus I had lots of family around. Well, I guess this will be a growing experience!!! Now Stewart has started to talk about the away rotations he'd like to do his fourth year...Maybe Utah, Ohio, and Thailand. Oh, boy!!!
I really want to say that despite the inevitable stress of being separated I am so grateful to Mom and Dad Ras. They have made this so much easier for us. Of course they have opened their arms and home to having Stewart with them but his friends too! And the kids and I are welcome there as much as we'd like!!! How nice are they!?!?!? When I asked Stew if he was sure they were ok with all of this he said they said, "We might pay you to stay here if you bring you wife and kids too. " Oh, I am so happy they are so generous. It is no small thing to have five extra people come live at your house for months!!! But its so nice to know they want us there as much as we want and need. Mom Ras even offered that I send a kid done with Stew when I cant come down myself to lighten my load. So generous! Come November when my business is crazy busy I will surly take her up on that. Thank you Mom and Dad! If I had to worry about where Stewart was and there was no room for me to visit him it would all be that much harder. But he'll be spoiled down there and wont ever need to be lonely at all...he'll be able to do great in his rotations. And knowing that when I need to get away from Reno to advert a breakdown of motherhood overload I am welcomed too. All of that is huge!
We are counting our blessings big time! :O)
2020 goals
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment