I was tagged.
Bare with me. I am a bit Mopey.
Dang PMS!
Bare with me. I am a bit Mopey.
Dang PMS!
Confession Number One: I have been having nightmares every night that I come out of the shower to find a bunch of people in my room and I cant find my clothes. As I desperately try to hold my towel up and get my clothes back these people keep getting in my way. They keep offering to take me shopping for new clothes and dragging me to the mall and all sorts of things like that. Its very frustrating. What does that say about me?
Confession Number Two: Whenever I think someone thinks I am "White Trashish" I find a way to bring up that my husband is in Med school and that I graduated from college. That is a paranoia I acquired when we moved near a trailer park. It happens a lot with my clients. I am really embarrassed that I do that. :) But today it worked to my advantage. It turned out that the client I was trying to impress was one of Stew's teachers. She then felt sympathy for me instead of what I thought was judgment and she ended up buying tons of gift certificates. I'll take that sort of perceived sympathy over perceived judgment any day. LOL
Confession Number Three: One of my biggest priorities and motivations in my relationships is to make people feel good...loved. Whenever I see someone sad I immediately want to help them feel better. I don't think I am very good at it though. I try. :)
Confession Number Four: I hate not knowing where I stand with people. I can handle it if they don't like me...its the not knowing that kills me. I then feel like I don't know how to act around them. Thus I get shy, which is not in my nature.
Confession Number Five: I just ate three bowls of ice cream, a bowl of white chicken chili, butterscotch topping, three pizza pockets, half an orange, and drank a can of diet cheapo orange soda. And that is normal for me. Oh, my. Why aren't I obese by now?!?!?
Confession Number Six: I am open to a fault.
Confession Number Seven: I am really just wasting time. I wonder if I am self obsessed that I like writing about myself so much. Is blogging a pompous act? Thinking that people actually want to read about my life? hummm....
Confession Number Eight: I am a church nerd. I really love church stuff....you know how most people hate church meetings and giving talks in sacrament, not me. I secretly like them. I could talk about church and Gospel doctrine stuff all day long. I really am Mormon through and through...although I was a California Mormon snob. Sorry. :O) Deseret book was a little too nerdy for me. LOL
Confession Number Nine: I watch Disney Chanel and I secretly worry that being friends with me is a chore for people...like they do it out of the goodness of their hearts and not because they want to. (I promise I am not ADD. ;)
Confession Number Ten: I really want to teach History at BYU someday. Ugh! This really is scary for me to admit! I wonder if the stars will align that way or not. I worry that when I tell people that they will think "yeah, right!". But it is one of my life dreams. I really love BYU, I really love History, I would love to write and publish and I really love teaching. I know I would be good at it, but I don't think people feel I am smart enough. I worry that all they see is a super young air-head mom with too many kids. I hope I am a BYU professor someday. It seems somewhat impossible but I'd love it. :)
I tag all those who have things to confess! :O)
2 comments:
This post was GREAT. I'm like that on telling people my husband is at med school and I graduated too. hahaha. I live in a low poverty, low educated town, and I don't want them to think that of me. Sad, huh? oh, and I LIKE YOU!
I love you Emily!
Post a Comment