Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Miss Gwen

My Niece, little Miss Gwendolyn, is a total doll. She is the absolute girly girl version of Bridger. One step in her room and it is obvious that she is a princess. :) It never ceases to amaze me how well Bridger clicks with his Smith cousins. There aren't many kids that can match Bridger's fun loving intensity and endless energy but those Smith kids are all just as "Bridgery" as he is. ;) While we were in California last month Bridger and Gwen had a fabulous time playing together. Whenever the kids see her pictures they shout "MY FRIEND! MY FRIEND!". Its really cute. There are few things as sweet as seeing your kids discover that they share kindred spirits with their cousins.


Gwen made this absolutely adorable mermaid while I did a ceramic impression party at her home. I finished it off for her by firing it and glazing it. I tried to make it look like her. :) I had to post it because I was so proud of her 4 year old artistic genius! Watching her love working with the clay and finishing it off for her made me want to start teaching ceramic classes for little kids. When I get a bigger house I'll be all over it! We love you Sweetheart!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

They are cute cousins! That would be fun for you to teach ceramics to kids one day. You would do a good job and kids would love it. A couple of years ago (before it closed down) we took a free ceramics class at a nearby rec center and it is the one that stands out to Ethan the most. The mermaid turned out cute!

AmyJane said...

"Bridgery" Hee.