Have you ever had one of those days when you go outside to find your mail box cracked in half lying on your lawn, when your water heater breaks, when your husband calls to tell you he has to stay late at school working on a school project and he needs food for him and his buddy, when your kids draw on almost every surface possible in your house and you then realize you are out of magic erasers, when you start your period a week too early causing cramps, the need to run to the store, bloating, moodiness and making your varicose veins throb unceasingly, when the pile of laundry you have to fold is higher then you are tall, when your business needs your attention but it so isn't going to happen, when you forget the one thing you went to the store for , when your computer gets some weird virus, and when the library notifies you that the book you thought you returned is not turned in at all and you search your house all morning for it and realize you will have to buy a new one?
Oh, and then when you think things are going to settle down and you are boiling water on the stove so your kids can have warm water to take their much needed bath your stove catches on fire and all the fire alarms go off and your kids are crying because they are so scared, yeah one of those sort of days.
Have you ever had a day like that? Well, if you have just know you are not alone. ;)
2020 goals
6 years ago
3 comments:
I think that if I ever even begin to think I am having 'one of those days', I am going to read this again to remind myself that it could be worse! :) Emily, you are such a trooper! Even on the craziest of all days, you've made me smile. I've been thinking about you and how Stuart is going to be down in Vegas all that time -- I was so happy to read what you had said about feeling peace. You help me remember how well our Heavenly Father loves us and how he really does help us feel peace on these crazy days or even months! Here's hoping for better days ahead! :)
Days like that aren't easy. Ironically enough they seem to happen when the husbands are away. (Our water heater broke last year when Ammon was interviewing in CA). I think Satan tries to get us the most then. It is rough and it makes you want to give up and cry. I have done this!! You are such a good mom and wife and handle it all so well. Especially having a husband who is so busy at school.
Prayer is a great life line...I have learned this.
I have decided on days like that, it is good to get out of the house. Head to the park and see if you can discover a new one you haven't visited, window shop at Toys R US (the kids love the play with the train table or ride on the big ATV's in the aisle), head to the playground at the mall, take bread and feed ducks, etc. Just get out of the house and get the kids a little more tired. You'll feel more refreshed to tackle it all when you get back home and the kids will be a little more worn out and maybe not as busy. Anyway, it seemed to work a little for me yesterday. Ammon was on call last night again and we were all in bed by 8:30!!! Even me darn it! ;-) Anyway, I love you and we are in this together!!
Hang in there...you are doing a great job.
That's so hilariously sad!! I can't help but laugh from how bad that all is! That's when senses of humor do us good.
Yes, I've definitely had days like that! You're not alone either!
Post a Comment