This Wednesday is what I have dubbed Mini-Match Day. Normal match day is when you find out which residency program you have matched with. This mini-match day we will find out how long Stewart is sentenced to Las Vegas and at what times. At UNSOM you have to do at least four months of your third year rotations at their campus in Las Vegas. We love Las Vegas and all but it is almost an entire state away from our home! Scary because I cant have Bridger away from his speech and me away from my business for that length of time, thus Stewart will be separated from us for quite a bit. :( That really is my least favorite thing ever! Wednesday we will find out if Stewart gets the four month deal or the worse case scenario - his entire third year spent in Vegas! Thinking about him gone for four moths let alone almost an entire year freaks me out. It is a random lottery so who knows how it will turn out. One girl at the school (who adores our kids) told Stewart she would switch with him if he got all rotations there and she didn't. So that gives us some hope. PLEASE join us in crossing our fingers and saying our prayers that Stewart doesn't get stuck separated from his little family for more then four months!!!!
2020 goals
6 years ago
6 comments:
Em that is horrible! Ty and I are going to be separated from mid-June to mid-September if he matches anywhere but Penn, but we don't have kids, so even though it'll be hard, it still doesn't compare! I can't imagine a whole year - don't they take into consideration that some residents actually have a life where they're settled? That is so tough. :( I'll be praying for you.
*sorry, some med students, not residents.
Man, if it were a whole year, I'm pretty sure I'd have to move the family there. I don't think I could do it. Four months will be bad enough.
Yikes...I just realized today was Wednesday..the day you find out. Good luck with everything..we are thinking about you guys and praying for you. Know that if Stewart has to do any away rotations that he is always welcome here. I really think they should give you guys precedence over where you get to be. That really is an unfair circumstance, but it is nice you have friends who are willing to switch. Good luck with everything...this is kind of practice for the real Match Day. Exciting, nerve racking and life changing! Good luck!!! Post as soon as you know!
P.S. I left a comment below on the Neverland Party too!
Oh my goodness!! We are praying for you guys too!! I can't wait to hear what happens!!! You guys are in our prayers!! Love you!!
Oh, I hope things work out--we'll pray for you!
Post a Comment