Friday, November 14, 2008

Organizing my Brain

Whenever I get too stressed out I make a list of all the things I need to get done and somehow I am able to relax a little bit. So I am making my list of things I want to get done before the baby comes. The other lists I could make would be too depressing to face but this one actually seems fun to me because its stuff I want to do. I know I am a bit of a freak about this getting ready thing. So I totally acknowledge that below is a little of my OCD reveled. The green means I have completed the task. I plan to update the blue as I get things done...

- Get a Crib Mattress (yes this makes our third crib mattress in use, how hilarious is it that we have to buy our third one)... dose anyone want to loan me one? My friend totally brought me a crib mattress today- bless her heart!!! There really are angels everywhere.
- Wash crib bedding and crib. Set up crib
- Barrow a swing
- Barrow a bouncer
- Clean out the garage
- Clean out car, install the car seat for the baby
- Get a Pediatrician for Benjie
- Get a new dresser for Bridger
- Wash and put baby clothes in the baby's dresser
- Set up the baby's pac'nplay/bassinet thingy in my room
- Clean out the fridge
- Clean out the kitchen cupboards and make room for bottles and babyness
- Get gifts for the kids to have when the baby comes home from the hospital
- Buy new nipples, diapers, nursing pads, lotion, diaper cream, extra soft wipes, and pacifiers
- Clean the carpets
- Wash all our pillows from our living room
- Clean our sofa and chair upholstery
- Change air filter to our central air system
- Stock up the freezer with some pre-made meals
- Polish my cupboards in the kitchen and bathrooms
- Pack for the hospital
- Get my pre-new baby blessing from Stew
- Organize and pack away our food storage
- Register at the hospital and I even got my little tour
- Get most of my Christmas orders for my business done
- Wash and scrub down my jogging stroller
- Clean and organize my closet
- Clean and organize Bridger's closet
- Clean and organize Angeli's closet
- Clean and organize hall closets (one down)
- Deep Clean Bathrooms
- Cut everyone's hair
- Make and Burn all our home videos from 2008 - I just need to burn them on to DVDs almost there!

See instead of that making me feel more overwhelmed I actually feel so much better having this all typed out. But honestly aren't I a bit crazy with my readiness...I swear, I really am quite easy going despite all this.

3 comments:

AmyJane said...

First off--I love anal, OCD lists. We could start a support group.
Secondly, I thought you were skipping the nursing? Did you change your mind? And thirdly, even though I'm halfway to crazy myself, please let me know what I can do to help, ok?

Becca said...

I'm totally a list girl too!!! LeGrand teases me, but I swear I get so much more done and feel better when it's all written out!! You've got lots done!! Good job!! You are amazing EM!!! We love you !!

Andelin said...

Good job Em! It's very understandable. It's part of the nesting thing. It's good to be ready!

P.S. Does it matter that Benjie is usually spelled like that instead of with a "y"? No, not really, because parents have that prerogative! Just thought I'd let you know.
P.P.S. I did have to check the spelling of prerogative