Monday, November 24, 2008

Fire Trucks and Choo Choo Trains

Today at play group we had a tour of a fire station and then the kids got to play on a real life choo choo train. Bridger and Angeli were a little scared of all the fire station stuff but the train, they were all over that. So this is sort of a funny story. Bridger hasn't really cared much about fire trucks in his life so far and all we have talked about them is how they put out "hot hot fires so people don't get hurt". So there is an element of fear there for Bridger. However, the fire station was all good fun until they demonstrated the sliding down the fire poll thing. The way it was at their station was that when they put their weight on the poll the floor opened up beneath them revealing a big whole in which they fell through. When Bridger witnessed the fire man jumping on a poll and a giant hole opening up beneath him swallowing him up he thought he had just witnessed a terrible tragedy. While all the other kids were owing and awing Bridger was in tears. We tried to tell him it was fun but he would have none of it. I told him it was like the polls at the park but I think he could have only thought that what he had just witnessed was nothing like the park. From then on everything was scary. I felt bad because by the end the other kids started to think they should be scared too. I guess Bridger wont be wanting to be a firefighter when he grows up anytime soon! :) Good thing we ended with the train, that was not scary at all. I actually remembered to bring my camera to this outing so here are some cute pics of our fun and traumatic play day.


The Old Train





The Fire Station


3 comments:

Andelin said...

Poor Bridger! I crack up just picturing the trauma it must have caused the innocent, unsuspecting guy! Yeah for the train to save the day!

Becca said...

Too cute!!! I love the story!! Your kids are so cute!! You are such a good mom...Can I be like you?

Krista and Paul said...

Emily! Your kids are soo big! Bridger has grown up since we saw him last. Angeli is super cute too! Hope y'all have a very Happy Thanksgiving!