Saturday, January 19, 2008

Rainbow Bend Has Voted!

A Humm...I'd like to announce that the Rainbow Bend community has voted and elects as their Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney! I was afraid I'd be the only one voting for Romney but not so. Mitt Romney got 17 votes, Huckabee got 9, McCain got 2, and I think that was it. That actually is a pretty good turn out for our little community. :o) I am especially glad I wasn't the only one voting for Romney because each group of supporters had to give a speech on why they like their candidate and it would have been a bit scary if that got stuck with me. The caucus experience was surprisingly fun. Basically it was me showing up late with two babies and a bunch of 50+ year olds in a tiny school gym/lunchroom/playground/classroom. Even Bridger had fun because he got to play with all the balls and also got to pound out a few keys on the piano. We got some annoyed looks at that one. In the end I left feeling like a very responsible member of our democracy! So yeah for my guy winning in my little neighborhood and yeah for me that I actually made it there!!!

So who's getting your vote?

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm still working out who's getting my vote...but good job getting out to the caucus. That's awesome.

Andelin said...

Go Mitt! Actually, we're Ron Paul people(love him)...don't like Mitt very much. But I'm glad he won for your sake. Way to be involved!