Monday, January 7, 2008

My Baby Boy is Sick

Okay so this picture has nothing to do with this entry but isn't it cute?!?!?!? This was our little man when he was 5 months old. I love those fat cheeks and bright blue eyes! Anyways, we have been hit by some sort of stomach flue. :0( We were just getting over our very nasty sore throats and runny noses too. Bridger wouldn't eat dinner tonight and then as he was jumping and frolicking about he started to throw-up the entire contents of his tummy. As soon as he was done regurgitating his lunch and afternoon snack he was happily splashing in the bath. We crossed our fingers that he had simply experienced a random urge to vomit. But just as Stew and I headed off to bed we heard a cough and a "Daddy". I went in to check on him and he, along with all his favorite bedtime necessities, was covered in more throw-up. After settling him down with one of his favorite movies on his favorite bean bag he threw-up again. There really isn't anything much left for him to throw-up poor guy! So here we are facing a very long night with our poor baby boy. I guess I can pass the night doing laundry and blogging. I just started my third load of laundry! I can only hope Angeli doesn't join us in our most likely all nighter.
I think he got it at nursery. Is anyone else out there suffering from tummy troubles? If so hopefully you can tell me it is only a 24 hour bug or something! Wishful thinking I guess. Good night to you all. Opp, here he goes again....

3 comments:

Andelin said...

Oh yeah, it's been everywhere! In the past month, all of my kids have had it, along with all of the other families I know (including some parents). Even Mom had it last week. And...yes it is a short lived thing. At least for us, the vomiting was only a day or less. And then the diarrhea sets in (which lasted a while with Eden).

Kirsten said...

Oh boy...don't you love nursery AND winter? The combination is deadly for toddlers and for the families that come along with them. I am sorry...we don't have the stomach flu right now BUT we do have the pnemoniaish cough and sore throats. I can't wait for SPRING! Good luck with the stomach flu, hopefully you don't all get it.

AND the cookies were very, very good. Rich, but sooo good! I cooked them only about 15 minutes (our oven I think is a little hot) and they were great!! Thanks for the new recipe although I really should be trying those healthy ones...not the chocolate ones!! ;)

Megan said...

Oh sad! It seems like Maggie's puked twice in the last month and a half. But each time it was just 24 hours. Hopefully the Bridge-man will be feeling better soon.