This is an interesting sort of tagging. I have been asked to share my kids notorious messes. Since I am barley entering the toddler parenting phase I haven't had too many "huge" messes but here are my latest and greatest.
The sharpie has been my enemy since we've moved here. Bridger has taken to many surfaces in our house. My frig has remnants of his last sharpie extravaganza. But all writing elements have decorated my walls: markers, crayons, colored pencils, my eye liner, my lip stick, ball point pens...
Last week he got this sugar/salt rub type stuff and spread it all over my kitchen. It was in every nuck and cranny of the stove, all over the floor, all over the dishes that I had just washed and were drying, and himself.
Today he poured a can of corn all over the counter, helped wash the dishes and poured a big bowl of water all over the counter. It got in all my draws, what a mess water can be!!!
After every meal I have to mop my floor he throws his food everywhere the moment he decides he is done. I hate that!
A couple weeks ago he decided he would change his own diaper and got poop all over his crib and himself. That was really grouse.
He recently took his pop-sickle to my just wash sliding glass doors and his sisters head. At lest she thought it was funny.
He found my tiny beads and poured them all over my bedroom. That was such a headache to clean up. And as soon as we got it cleaned up he did it again. I think it happened a total of four times.
And I could go on but I will spare you. I heard a saying once that seems to sum up what being a mom is like:
They soak up everything you've got.
But give them a squeeze
And they'll give it all back.
If you have some great messes to blog about then consider yourself tagged too. :o)
6 comments:
Love the quote! I had to give Luke a squeeze just now to see what he'd give back! Not a whole lot I must say... he ran away! But, still it was fun to squeeze him! :-) What you said is true though. i guess I did forget to mention in my post that they're worth every bit of it!
No you did great. It was fun to read your stories. I can totally imagine it all happening in your home and mine!!!
Emily, you are sooo cute. I better start thinking cause I know I have messes to write about... give me time... I can just picture Bridger doing all of that and it brings a smile to my face. He is so stinkin cute! We love how he is sooo busy and gets into everything!!! We love you Bridger!
Sharpies...gotta love them! Most of our messes include some kind of pen on some kind of surface, but with a bunch of girls it is usually on their clothes. The other messes I can think of usually involve when the girls have located my makeup bag and have painted their faces with it-it is usually Hailey!!!! I should do a post of all her "make-up" experiences! Anyway, thanks for sharing your stories...Bridger is sure a cutie but I am sorry about all the instances!! Especially the diaper and the crib...oh man it is bad when they start learning how to take off diapers...that is when you wish they were buckled with super glue! P.S. I love all the posts YOU are doing too!! It seems more fun to blog now that I know it is like a journal that I will print at the end of this year! When does Mom get there by the way? Do you have a lot of work to catch up on still? Like Valentine's orders, etc? ;) Have a great day!
Man I guess I have a lot to look forward too! I am so happy you guys found us! We have been looking for you guys! In-fact we were in Ut for christmas and WEnt to your duplex and knocked but the people said you had moved! Jason will be so happy! He misses stewart! WEll we hope all is well! ~Cami
Ps your kids are so cute!
Emily,
I've been having a really crappy day today and hearing the messes you have to clean up all the time made me feel better. It's really a terrible aspect of my personality. I love to hear about other people having frustrations with their kids -- I love seeing other kids throw tantrums for their parents, and I loved hearing what Bridger is doing to your great house. I think it has to do with me basking in the knowledge that I'm not the only one who experiences this stuff. Sorry, but THANKS! It was a real pick-me-up for the day!
Post a Comment