I have gotten a lot of calls and emails wondering how Angeli is doing so I thought I would blog it and let you all know. Yesterday was terrible. We were rejected from three different places trying to get Angeli seen and wasted our entire evening driving around with two tried hungry babies in the process. We were just so worried. She lost about two pounds, her eyes were sunken, she had diarrhea diapers seven times, wouldn't drink or eat hardly anything, was totally lethargic, and her mouth was getting really dry. I planned on taking her to the ER as a last resort, but then we decided to call a free nurse hot line. After a series of question like: dose she have tears? -- well, yes but she'll only have one or two, Is her mouth dry - - - well, its moist but hardly, Has she had eight messy diapers in eight hours - - - well seven... we felt no more sure of what to do. They just said to keep giving her fluids and starches and if we felt it was serious to take her in. That was annoying, we were calling to find out if it was serious! Anyways, we felt basically that she was bad but I guess not bad enough to rush to the ER. So we thought we'd gage her in the morning. This morning just as I was about to load us up to head to the ER she drooled on me a drop of drool!!! I was so excited. Then I checked her diaper and it was wet! I let her rest watching TV and when I turned around to check on her I realized she had crawled over to her favorite toy and was jabbering and playing with it. I was thrilled, it has been awhile since she's been well enough to do anything like that. She is still needing lots of rest having two extra naps and extra holding but she has only pooped once today. We are so relieved! Right now she is coloring and laughing with Bridger! Oh, that is so good to see.
Also, I wanted to ask; If your son tells you every time he pees or "I wen poop poop" and insist on getting his diaper changed right away or else he'll try to do it himself dose that mean he is ready for more potty training? When I ask if he wants to sit on the toilet he says, "no. no. no." hummm... let me know what you think.
2020 goals
6 years ago
7 comments:
Such good news! I'm glad she is being more herself and here's hopin' and prayin' for a speedy recovery!
We are sooo glad that Angeli's getting a little bit better!! That's always the best when they are getting better instead of worse. As far as Bridger and potty training... my advise is wait till he's really ready and totally interested. Sophie has been telling when she has a stinky diaper or is wet for a long time but she really still doesn't have any interest in going on the toilet. Hopefully her time will be soon, I'm ready to not change her diaper, but I think it's best when they really want it. It will be sooo much easier... That's my two bits, take it or leave it =)
Emily-I am so glad that she is feeling better...pedialyte is a really good thing too...even the generic brand. They think it is juice and it keeps the electrolytes in them...
I am going to make this week...the kids and I are sitting in a hotel room in North Carolina waiting for the Children's Museum to open...this would be easier to just call you if you were awake right now!!!
Bridger is close....that is a really good sign. Start sitting him on the toilet for just a second and make a big deal about it...saying "good job"... and "yeah"...and then take him off. Just get him used the the toilet so he isn't scared. Let him watch Stew go (weird I know...but it will help) and say something like "listen for the tinkles". I feel so weird describing this! He'll show more and more interest but the best sign that they are ready is if they are dry when they get up in the mornings. Then it will only take a little bit. Anyway, you'll know when it is time...it is close though! I could go on and on about this but to save the know it all thing...I won't. Let me know if I can help! We love you guys and chin up...mom will be there to relieve you in a couple days!! ;)She will take a weight of your shoulders and hopefully you'll get some rest too!!
I don't know why I said week...lack of sleep I think...I meant make it short!!
That's sure a relief to hear that she's feeling better--I can't beleive you can't get in to see a pediatrician. I guess it's flu season and all but still. That's just strange. Hopefully she'll stay on the upswing--let me know if there's anything we can do. We'll be back in town tomorrow night.
As far as the potty training goes, Patrick and I are playing the same game. I've just resigned myself to it being a long process. Most mornings he wears those thick cotton training pants for awhile (2pair prevents most disasters but allows him to feel wet when he goes in them) and I set the timer and we go potty every 20-30 minutes and read a book. Sometimes he makes a deposit, sometimes not. Then at lunch we put diapers back on and if he asks to go potty we do. He did start by letting me know that he had gone in his diaper though, so I'm sure Bridge is on his way. I've just decided not to push, in fact, I'm not even calling it potty training, even to myself. We're just "experimenting" with the potty and learning. I'm also in favor of lots of parental modeling of the process--they learn everything else by watching mom and dad do it, why would this be any different?
Great to hear she is going better. Great picture... it really is very telling.
Isn't it such a relief when they start to show signs of getting better. Way to be super mom and do all the right things to help her get there!!! As for Bridger you'll have to figure out what works best for you. We bought the little potty for Grace and just left it in the bathroom for a while before doing anything to let her get used to it. Then she wanted to sit on it when mommy or daddy were going potty. It was really good. I knew we needed to potty train when she was taking off her diaper and handing them to me when she was messy. There are also some great potty movies out there, like Elmo's potty and once upon a potty. All I know is that we started this process two weeks before halloween, and we are just to a few accidents a week. (usually when she's playing and forgets the signs that she needs to go potty until to late!) Also another tid bit, if he's a reward kid, (which Grace is) it took me this long but the mini m&m's are great (we tried tootsie rolls, and other assorted candy, but she was eating WAY too much sugar in a day!) she'll get a handful of mini m&m's and think she's getting a ton of candy, when she's only getting a little bit!
Post a Comment