Life has been fun because I have been able to spend a lot of down time with the kids but a bit challenging too. My Sweet Little Angeli is still sick and we are getting worried for her because she seems to be getting worse and not better. I tried to take her to the doctors today but they can't fit her in because she still has her first visit to do there and they said they don't have an openings for that long of an appointment. Annoying huh!?!?!??! Yesterday she napped from 11am to 5pm; when I finally realized how long she had been sleeping I woke her up. A couple hours later she was so tired I laid her on my tummy for a second while we did family scripture study and when I looked up at her she was already asleep. But since I can't take her in to the doctors until the 25th we are justing worrying over her and hoping it passes soon. Stew gave her a blessing last night so that has been comforting. I guess I can just hope she is better by her first birthday next week.My little man is just that, a little man. This week he has mastered opening round knob door handles!!! Which is bad news for me and my sanity but still fun to see him learning new things. Today he learned how to lock the doors too and actually locked me out of the house. That was fun. :o) He is a little OCD when it comes to things being out of their place and wanting things clean. Today we went for a short "truck ride" on his little truck he got for Christmas and he had to stop at every rock and place it in his truck's scooper. It made a short walk seem a bit long. :) He has been picking up more words too. So far today he has learned how to say "cool" which is really cute. He is a ever more avid artist and loves to draw!!! His Time Out chair is no longer brown but now it is a lovely shade of every crayon we own! I am just so thankful for the magic eraser. This Week he turns TWO so crazy!!!
But my happiest news is that Mom Rasmussen is coming out next month to help me by watching the kids so I can get my business going again!!! She is such an Angel for coming!!! And Dad, Whitney, and Liz are so great for sharing her with us! I have been unable to do much of anything for my business with the kids being sick and just their normal stuff makes it so hard too. I have been
about to go crazy with the stress of all I need to do but how I seem to always be stuck at home and not able to do any of it. When it comes down to it we NEED to get more income or come June we will be without a cent to our name and thus I need more customers! I have been wishing since we moved here that I was like so many other young mom's I know who have family close by that they can count on even when their kids are sick to help out. My ward has been great but when the kids are sick you cant very well ask them to take a hit to help you out and wind up getting their kids sick. So the other day as I was wishing for it with all my being (OK I know that sounds dramatic but it is the honest truth) it hit me, I need mom Ras to come! I called and asked her and she was actually excited to hear that I wanted her to come and take over watching the kids for a few days. She is so kind, she even acted like I was doing her a favor! She is always so true to her sweet nature. :o) We are so excited!!! Thank you Mom you have lifted such a burden for me! This really means so much to us! It all seems doable now! We Love you!
2020 goals
6 years ago
2 comments:
Emily,
I'm so sorry that Angi's sick. AHHHH I hate it when the kids are sick. You will all be in our prayers. It's so sad for your babies but it's really hard on the Mom too!!! I'm so excited that Mom Ras is going to come and help you!! I'm so grateful for her too, I love that she is so involved in our lives and that she can come and help. She's the best Grandma ever! Keep us posted on Angeli!!
Poor Angi!Your mother in law is one of the most amazing women in the world. If I didn't have a wonderful mother in law of my own I would be jealous. I'm just so lucky she's my aunt and I hope that some of her goodness rubs off on me.
Post a Comment