Today there were mice all over our house! It was so much fun....we had Bridger and Angeli's Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Birthday party today. They both love Mickey and Minnie Mouse and their show Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. They have been talking about this birthday party for a year and were very excited to finally have it. Our mice were adorable!



This picture totally cracks me up. I asked her to pose for me and she starts doing this pose. I had no idea where she got it from until I looked at the Minnie mouse on top of her cake! Ha, I love girls!
It was a lot of fun though the cake decorating was a first time for me as far as the size of the project and my first time using fondant. It didn't turn out quite as I imagined... I didn't really get my fondant to turn out exactly right until we were almost done with the cakes. Next time it will be a lot easier just because I'll know what consistency I am going for. But the kids didn't care if my fondant was too soft, they thought they were wonderful so bless their hearts! Stewart, like always, stayed up way late helping me get it done (3 am when the guy leaves the house at 4am every morning). Sweet Man!
Bridger is the one who commissioned the cakes. He has been talking about having a big mickey mouse CLUBHOUSE cake since his last birthday. It had to have all of the clubhouse too! No skipping corners or leaving out a slide, nope he wanted it all!

So we transformed the living room into the clubhouse and let the kids enter only by saying the password, "Misca Moussa Mickey Mouse! ". They played running around with balloons and such. Then we did some fun games where they earned their mouse ears and helped Mickey open the treasure by finding all the shapes hidden around the house and matching them to their figures. They loved this game and took it very seriously...so cute!
After they had their fun we did cake and ice cream. I have to admit I was little sad to cut into my cakes when not many people had seen them...but what is cake for? Certainly not just to look at!To burn some of that sugar off Stew and I played "Pete" where we chased the kids around the house spraying silly string at them. It was my favorite part! Then we put on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse to help them wind down a little and then ended things off with some classic hide and seek until parents arrived.
It was so much fun watching the kids eyes light up when they saw their decorations and their cakes. Then watching their glee as they were able to share it with their best friends made it even more enjoyable. We were sad because half of the party seemed to be home sick with a bug that is going around. :( But it might have been for the best, because it could have been a little too chaotic.
Now party season is over...well, I have an anniversary to plan but other then that we are in the clear of parties for awhile.That is if I can resist the temptation I am having to host a little tea party with the girlies...I am a lost cause!


6 comments:
WOW! You did such a fantastic job on those cakes!!! I'm so very impressed! You are a woman of accomplishment!
So precious! Those beautiful & fun cakes reminded us of the UPS cake you made--you do such an amazing job. Where do you find the time? Do they have 36 hour days in Reno?
WOW that is AMAZING! It looks like so much fun! You are SO CREATIVE!!! GOOD job!
Those cakes are ADORABLE. Way to go Emily! You are a super mom, I don't know how you do it!
What a darling cute party. You kids are very lucky to have you two as parents and everything looked amazing.
The kids are growing up so fast...I wish they would stop so I would have a chance to get to know them before they were too old!! I bet they loved every bit of that party and the lucky friends that got to visit your house for the day too!!!
I still have the Mickey Mouse phrases in my head...my kids watch that show every morning!
So fun!! I love that you did the mickey/minnie birthday party combo. Super cute! And good job on those cakes! I about had a heart attack trying to do regular frosting for Eliza's crayola cake.
Post a Comment