Friday, January 22, 2010

Projects, Projects, Projects!

That has been my passion lately. Thus I have been busy trying to squeeze it all into my very limited free time. I have been going non-stop from 5 am to 10 pm everyday hardly getting a breath in with all the fun I have going on. I am really excited about having some stability in my life again where we aren't going all over, in part, because I can finally dedicate some time to being creative instead of just trying to stay alive. I am rediscovering my creativity and it has been really good for me. I haven't really had a chance to share with anyone all that I am doing so I thought I would blog about some of them really quick to serve that purpose. :O)

- My secret anniversary gift for Stewart. This is my favorite right now. I will share more when it is done and given to Stew. I hope he loves it as much as I do.

- Making clay letters. I have been wanting to do this for a long time and I finally started to play with it some. I thought if they are cute enough I could sell them on-line for a little extra income. I hope! I will put them up on my wall and show them to my clients if they seem interested I think I will have the green light to start doing them professionally. Time will tell.

- Planning my Smith Family's reunion for this summer. It is going to be really great - Heritage themed. We are doing things that have to do with our heritage and family ancestry. I am in love with it. We'll be doing things that capture what our family is: gardening, building, cooking, sewing, art,... I want the grandkids to learn about what it means to be apart of the Smith family. Where their ancestors come from, what their family traditions are, what the smith Legacy is, and of course do it in a fun interactive way. Since food is such a big family tradition I am putting together a family recipe book of all our favorite foods growing up. I will pass out at the reunion. Oh, it is going to be awesome!

- Scrap booking like crazy... so fun since I haven't done anything for like two years. Borrowed my girlfriends cartridges from her Cricut and have been using them for some fun stuff. Oh, I really need some more stuff but for now I will be the annoying friend who borrows a lot. ;)

- Getting all our family videos formatted and burned onto DVD's. We love watching our home videos and I like trying to make them extra cute. Plus this is a cheap project. Love that!

- Planning for a major yard work this spring. We are getting our patio poured and my cute little terrace sitting area I dug out all finished. I think it will be really great. I plan on doing a really cute flower thing in the front yard with all the rocks we got out of all our digging last year and planting some flowers in the back yard along our terrace and in a giant planter as well. I am going to try and save money and grow the seeds myself...we'll see if it works!

- Putting together our Primary Scripture themed Quarterly activity. It is going to be cute with the kids acting out different stories on the stage which I will film (to be watched next year at our scripture jar filling party). Followed by our ice cream party they earned for filling our Scripture Jar this past year.

- Sewing scripture bags for the kids. This was a funny thing since I didn't want to spend any money on it so I used this funny material I was given for free. They aren't what I had in mind but after trial and error they will be cute enough for me not to be embarrassed when they take them to church. When they are done I will post some pics.

-Hopefully finishing the Christmas gifts I meant to make for my closest mommy friends but never had a chance too. It is something I really wanted to do for myself and when I started to plan for it I got the grand idea to mass produce them and give them to my closest mommy friends and family. I hope for Mother's day or Christmas this year I will be able to mail them out. Crossing my fingers!

Isn't that just so much fun?!?!?! Well, it is for me. Cheers!

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

Sounds like you have a lot keeping you busy...you'll have to post pictures of your projects as you go. Sounds like a lot of good things and hobbies are great! ;-D

Happy, happy late birthday to Bridger...all my favorite people turned four this month (seriously like five little ones I know) and I can't believe they are all getting so big! Happy early birthday to Angeli too!

AdaMandy said...

I'm excited for you! Those all sound great. You are definitely ahead of me. I haven't even touched my project list. Have fun and good luck with them all!

Megan said...

holy cow girl. Way to go with the projects. Just reading the list made me realize I don't do anything. ;-)

I would LOVE to buy one of your letters, though for my wall. Do you make lowercase ones?

Debbie Brough said...

I love this - projects where I can be creative in those spare minutes are what keep me happy and excited too! :)

gunnfam said...

Wow, good luck! Sounds like some fun things to keep the day to day stuff interesting.