Its official, I now have 3 kids 4 and under because the Bridge is now FOUR! Four seems so much older then three. To me its like 1 -3 are toddler and 4 + is in the kid range. Four is still very young but he is growing up and thus our family is growing up too. I feel like I am no longer a new mom. I have a four year old and thus I have been at the mom thing for quite some time. That is a little weird for me even though it feels accurate. I guess it just makes me feel a bit old.
I like having "older" kids. It is a different pace, less physical and more emotionally challenging. Being a mom is my favorite thing in the world I know what I am doing now is the greatest work of my life. I grow everyday from all the challenges and adventures I face. It is hard but extremely rewarding.
Bridger is such a source of happiness in our home. He sets the pace and adds so much vigor and cheer to our world. I have really loved being able to have long conversations with him about life, the Gospel, volcanoes, trains, cars, baby owls, the difference between gold and silver and anything else that he finds interesting. I love his approach to life. He is so excited, eager, and optimistic. He really does face life with arms wide open. While that can be a little scary for me as I fear he will hurt learning that many people don't love as easily as he does I still know he will be ever resilient because of his happy energetic nature. Everyday he talks about how when he turns five his teeth will fall out and then he will get bigger teeth and when he is even bigger he will get married. So like his mother, one foot in the present and the other foot in the future!
On his birthday Stewart was on call. I was preparing for having to postpone a family dinner for a couple days but then Stewart called and told me that the residents let him switch call days so he could be home for his son's birthday. I was so grateful. We bought a small little dog cake that he picked out, bought his last present, bought some pizza, and rented a movie of his choice and had a little family party for him. It was fun. Simple but fun. I am throwing a big joint birthday party for the big kids in a couple weeks and they are VERY excited about it. I have to admit that I think we will be doing friend birthdays every other year from now on. So much work even when I try to go simple. But we'll see, I love throwing parties.


So, those are my thoughts on my son graduating from a toddler to a kid, and my crazy life of three under three graduating to three four and under. It is different but I think it is going to be really good too. I will do HIS Four year old post after I get his four year old pictures taken. I have been so busy lately I have done little more then write it on my monthly to-do list.
2020 goals
6 years ago
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Bridger.
Emily, are you gonna try and make it 4 kids under 4?? hahahaaaa. just kidding.
I'm glad Stewart got to switch his on call days.
Happy Birthday Bridger!!! Sorry we missed it!! We love you and think you are such a wonderful big boy!!!
Post a Comment