These kids I've got do little cute things all day long that make my life simply delightful. I thought I would keep track of my favorite little acts for a couple days and post them in this here post. I don't want to forget how truly blessed I am to have these kids.
Benjamin:
He waves to me when I wave at him. It is the cutest thing in the world. He signs "all done" and "more". Today he started waving whenever we say bye. LOVE it.
He has started to be more cuddly. He'll grab me and give me these really big hugs. He'll grab Angeli, Bridger, and Daddy too and hug on them giving his loves spontaneously.He loves kissing baby dolls. When he comes upon a baby doll he grabs it and gives it a big old kiss on its head. Even when Angeli is carrying around her baby doll he'll scream at her until she brings the doll to him to kiss. Very Sweet, funny, and yes, stressful for Angeli to get her baby all slobbery.
He started to give kisses to the family too. I'll say "give me kisses" and he lays a big slobbery one right on my cheek.
Bridger:
Everything is an "accident". He discovered what that word meant and more importantly what it could get him out of and he uses it at least 20 times a day. He'll be jumping on my bed with my freshly folded clothes on it and I will say Bridger get off you'll mess up my clothes. But he'll keep jumping and when I turn around and say look Bridger you messed up all the folded clothes he gives me his mischievous smile and says, "Mommy, it was accident." Grinning the whole time so proud of himself for being so clever. We are having a lot of "we do not lie" discussions these days! ;O)
He has also learned how to spread the blame. Whenever I find a broken toy and ask him about it he blames Benjamin or Angeli. Or if he fails to convince mom of an "accident" then he'll switch gears and blame his siblings.
These days he has gotten his needs met. We only have one day a week not planned with some social activity. The social in conjunction with his daddy being back has put him over the moon. You can always tell how happy Bridger is by how loving he is. He'll go up to Angeli and say "Angeli, I love you!" And then he gives her a big hug. The other day they were both sitting at that table mid lunch when Bridger started this and they were giggling and hugging each other back and forth with each bite. He will do this all of us very spontaneously through out the day. Whenever he is delighted with life he cant help but express his love for us. Yesterday he grabbed my legs as I cooked dinner and once he got my attention exclaimed "I LOVE YOU!" and then hugged me with all his strength. It is clear Bridger is HAPPY! And in our house if Bridger is happy its hard not to be too!Lately he has decided that I should have another baby. He comes and tells me that I am having another baby and that "it is a girl baby this time". I asked what her name should be and he said, "ummm" then he tried to spell it out with out with fridge letters and after giving up that attempt he announced the name "DOT." Sorry, probably not Bridger. But I am glad he likes his family enough to want more of us. Like I said this kid's love tank his full these days.
Angeli:
This girl has really shot up these last few months. All her perfectly fitting pants are all high-waters on her now. When Stewart came home he said out of all the kids she had changed the most. Everyday she reminds us that she is growing and that she is a big girl.
She is just one step behind her brother and is learning her letters and numbers. She takes all her cues from her big brother. But she is coming more and more into her own. Bridger and her play all day long by them selves and if I walk in the room they usher me out, "Mom this is Sam and Anne's house get out!"
She has some fight in her but she is sucker for a nicely said "please" and "thank you". Bridger will want something of hers and he'll be whinnying and trying to steal it and then I intervene and tell Bridger to ask nicely. Once he calms down as asks in a nice way she always smiles huge and says "Sure Bridger." She really cant help but be nice when provoked to be. She'll give away her cookies, her juice, her favorite baby doll,...really anything as long as he asks her nice.
She is becoming more and more girly. Whenever I ask her what her favorite food, shirt, treat, game, book,...is she gives me the same reply, "PINK!" Anything and everything pink is as she puts it, "Its my favorite." Princess are her idols and if she sees something with them on it she hugs it with the warmest expression a 2 year old can give.
She wants to marry Bridger and they often "play home" in Angeli's room. She starts out as the mommy but usually by the end is the doggy. :)
She climbs out of her crib like it was nothing and has had a hard time going to bed these last few nights. But our timid girl will just stand in the hall outside our room unsure what to do with herself. Usually I hear her or notice the door tremble a little bit but last night we didn't even notice her and at 11pm we came out of our room to put folded laundry away in the kids rooms and there she was curled up on the floor sleeping outside our door all cold and everything. Poor girl!
2020 goals
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment