Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday thoughts as I sit at home

So I spend every waking moment with my kids and they are pretty much all who I see. Play group and things died this summer and all my girl friends are undergoing major life changes and are thus not in the state of play. Bummer. I was looking forward to Sunday. I was going to get play group going, I was going to set some some play dates, and I was going to get to TALK to someone over the age of 3. But alas Bridger started throwing up last night. Bummer. So I sit at home in my bath robe staring at my computer trying to readjust to my life with a sick kid in the equation. I am almost at the 2 week mark since I have seen Stewart. I have learned that at two weeks I hit my breaking point and sort of fall apart. My plan was to have lots of fun things planed for the next week but that plan was rejected along with the contents of Bridger's stomach. Luckily I like my kids and enjoy spending time with them but I have to admit I am getting needy. Like calling people all the time to see if they can chat only to feel lame as they tell me they are too busy to talk or don't return my messages. I then am an annoyance to them and who wants to be annoying? Its not that I am without things to do...I can tell you I have plenty to do! Its that I get so socially frustrated that I stop functioning. Example, yesterday I was so ready for social contact that I let the Kirby guys come into my house...well, they sort of tricked me. I thought they were a carpet cleaning company and just going to clean my living room and then give me a card to call them next time I need a carpet cleaned. Anyways, they weren't they were Kirby guys trying to sell me a Kirby. I would have showed them the door but it was sort of nice to have someone there to talk to. Really pathetic I know! But have you seen a Kirby ?!?!? Very cool! When they vacuumed my bed and got all that nasty stuff out I was hooked. They lied, like all good door-to-door salesmen do, and said all these things about the price and I bought the cool but rally so expensive thing. When they left I did the math and realized what they said did not add up. I could not pay it off "with 12 easy payments of...blah blah blah". Such a Bummer. In my shoppers remorse I will have to return the dumb thing which will be a hateful experience. Salesmen are your best friend when you are buying their product but the minute you aren't off goes the charm and they can be big jerks. So that will be a big bummer come Monday morning. I know this post is whinny and probably rather annoying but I guess I am writing this because I am needing to talk to someone but everyone is at church and I'm not. I am trying really hard to not think about how Stewart is surrounded by some of my favorite people celebrating Li'z homecoming. I am happy for him but then its the sort of situation where I call in my needy state and he's like, "Um, we are about to play cards can I call you later?" and then I feel all left out and losery. Bummer. So as I would have said in 1993 I am all bummed out!

But, true to my "Emilyiness" I am going to try to get positive. Planning is my best form of therapy so here I plan...Today I will: get ready for the day and even splurge and take a shower! My oh, My!!! Then I will get the kids into clothes! Fabulous start. Then I will finish up all the laundry from this week (I have two mountains the size of my bed to deal with with). Then I will do a little lesson from the nursery manual to try and recreate church for us. Pick up the house. Hopefully have our primary presidency meeting at my house if they aren't too scared to come with a sick kid around. Hopes of social interaction, YAY!!! Then I think we will take naps (honestly "we" will mean the kids since I hate taking naps). Go on a long walk and have a picnic dinner. Ok, I can do that. I can deal with a day like that.

Sigh. Smile. Go Forth.

3 comments:

AmyJane said...

Um, you can call ME! Seriously, I'm kind of in the same spot, being all socially needy and driving my husband batty with my whining when he really needs to be working hard, but without a second car, and not really having tons of social structure right now, I hear ya. Call me tomorrow! It's an order!

Anne Marie said...

So sorry the kids have been sick! There should be some rule that kids need to stay healthy while their dad's gone. Flying solo as a parent is no fun at all. I hope everyone gets feeling better pronto!

AdaMandy said...

It was fun seeing you today. Even though primary meeting aren't necessarily "fun". Let's do a play date with our kiddos this week. I found out Adam will be with his friend a lot, and he'll be busy without Gabe and myself. It's fine with me, but it leaves us alone all week. I've got all week. I'll call you and we'll plan it. I think you're great, hang in there.