Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"Mommy you did it!"

Those were the words from Bridger's mouth as we pulled into our driveway. Yup, I did it. I cant believe I did it. We survived this summer! WOW! I put a total of 3,901 miles on the van over the past 42 days. This last drive was the drive I have been dreading for months now BUT it went really well. It couldn't have been better. The AC worked almost the entire time and the kids even slept for over half of the drive. I made it in record time. Less then 7 hours. Thank you for all your little prayers. They worked! :)

I am still processing how I feel being home. The last hour or so of driving I was on the verge of tears the entire time. I just miss my husband so much already. I realize I have got to be a big girl now and take care of everything. And not just take care of everything, but in order for my kids to be happy I have got to do it with a happy heart. I feel overwhelmed because I feel like my children are in such important stages of development and I just hope I will have the patience and the energy to teach them and care for them all by myself for the next month. I am sort of freaking out that it is September. Time has gone so fast! Just a little too fast for me.

Reorienting is something we have become pros at but it has been a little weird being home. When we walked in the house for the first time I thought it seemed bigger then I remembered. My mother-in-law told me it was probably because we have been all cramped in a single room for the past month and a half. I think she is right on that. :) The kids had a hard time going to bed without each other in the same room. Angie kept saying, "I want Bidger" . They really are inseparable. I hate the vacant vibe our house has. There is enough dust on the counters to write in (its currently decorated with lots of smiley faces) and every room I walked into I walked right into spider webs. So pleasant. There is so much yard work to be done. Yard work is Stewart's department so I am a little overwhelmed to have to tackle that all by myself. Its a total jungle! Tons of spiders, weeds, sprinkler problems, some weird animal back there that I am yet to identify...

The kids are happy to be home though. Bridger ran around pulling out all the toys and showing me everything, "Mom, remember this?!?!" and building his forts which are decorated with his toys. All his grandparents can attest to his fort building skills/obsession. Think giant mounds of pillows, cushions, toys, and any other random item that catches his eye. Angie hugged and kissed all her stuffed animals and dolls. Benjamin has been having a ball realizing that since his return he can get into so much more then ever before! The shower was a fun discovery for him. :)

So we are back. I have a entire weeks worth of errands to run to catch up on for all that has gone undone. But it sort of feels good to be home again, just a little empty without our number one man. We miss you Stewy. We really really miss you. :(

3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

I can't believe how much you drove! Good luck settling back in. Hope things go okay for you. The Lord will help take care of you guys.

AmyJane said...

You made it! What a crazy good summer! I'm glad you got home with a minimum of trouble.

You can do it. You can. Just one day at a time. Make yourself a paper chain to count down until this phase is over. I wish I had a date that I could count to until Sean is settled in with his new job and we actually get to see him again! Granted he does sleep here every night, but barely so far! I know it's just temporary, but who knows how long temporary is, ya know? Anyway, I have faith in you. Get busy, get on a schedule with the rugrats, and this time will pass by! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

i am glad the drive went well. I have been thinking of you this past week. I am sorry you have to be apart from Stewart for so long. But you will get through it and be the better for it. I miss you and will call you soon so we can talk.