I have a little petition for your prayers. Our van has had some serious problems this trip. We took our car into the shop for the third time and this repair was quoted at 1,300. Ok, so we have already put more into the car then it is worth and thus we decided we are not going to do this repair. It is the AC which is sort of a luxury thing...you know the car still works AC or not. But in Vegas its not really a luxury its a necessity when you have three little ones to drive around. But thank heaven it has been working on and off. I drive back to Reno in a couple days and I really need it to decide to work for that drive. I know this is so lame but could you say a tiny little prayer for our AC? Eight hours driving in the Nevada Desert is not something I want to put my kids through without the AC.
Now we are starting to have to try and save whatever money we can to buy a car by next summer. I figure I can make it through the rest of the summer heat and through next spring without it but at that point it will be time for a new van. We are so grateful that we even had this van. It has been a heaven sent. However, with 200,000 + miles on it the writing is on the wall.
2020 goals
6 years ago
6 comments:
It'll be in my prayers. Have a safe trip back.
Consider it done! Maybe in the meantime, lots of popcicles in a cooler!? :0) Those always keep kids happy!
I'm so sorry! I had a similar problem with our BLACK van. I put thousands of dollars into it to make it safe to take our kids on a trip. The air went out in the middle of the dessert between SLC and Reno...both ways. As soon as we got home, the transmission went out too. Wish we didn't have to depend on cars so much. Good luck!
I'm so sorry!! :( I'll be praying for you for sure. We once made the trip from Phoenix to Vegas without AC - my mom, dad, and three of us (grown) girls in the back seat. I know this sounds weird (but it worked), but we took off our shirts, got them all wet - like really soaked them, and then put them back on. We also had those miniature fans going in the back seat. It wasn't great, but bearable! Just an idea. :)
Good luck!
I am so sorry to hear about that! That is so hard! I hope everything will work out. :)
Oh man. Man oh Man!! I'll definetly keep you in my prayers!! I know EXACTLY how you feel. Our car's ac has been acting like that too. It keeps going off and on. It's not a luxury but a NECESSITY!! Especially with kids. We're in the exact same position as you, keeping our fingers crossed it'll last till we can afford a new one. Hang in there girl.
Post a Comment