Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Too bad what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...

During our time in Vegas we played and hung out a lot and tried to be a help while Mom Ras headed out to Ohio to spend time with family there. Just before Mom Ras returned I found myself sitting thinking how grateful I was that the kids hadn't created any major disasters. But I must have jinxed myself because not 30 minutes later I look up to see Bridger and Agneli stark naked running up the staircase painted in multicolored paint marker or something. I couldn't tell what it was but I knew it was bad. I ran up the stairs and to my horror I saw a trail of pink and blue steps all the way up the stairs. When I got to the the kids I realized that it was food coloring and not just any food coloring NEON. I threw them in the bath and then Whitney and I set to work trying to salvage the stair case. It was awful. We got most of it out, thank heaven, but that pink just would not come out. After the stairs were cleaned as best we could I looked in the hall closet in which the body painting had taken place and it looked like a murder scene. Their was deep red/pink food coloring sprayed all over the wall and the floor. It seriously was a creepy sight. I thought that who ever bought the house next would have nightmares wondering what happened in there. We tried to clean it up but we sort of just smeared it. It looks pretty bad. I felt awful. Their carpet was ruined as was the interior of their closet.

Angeli was dyed pink for a couple days and she even sported some pink high lights in her hair. I would have taken pictures of all of this because they would have been really dramatic but I didn't want my kids to think their behavior was funny or cool, not even for an instant.

Mom and Dad were so nice about it. When Stew called his mom to tell her what had happened she was worried about me and if I was too stressed and if the kids' clothes were ruined. She is such a saint. Nicest lady I know! So if you ever visit them and notice the neon pink going up their stairs you'll know to attribute it to the Bridger and the Angie girl. Those crazy mischievous kids!

This is the boy who passed out in his time out...


Yeah, he got pretty worn out "making a party for me." as he later tried to explain his actions. He is always throwing pretend parties in which his decorations usually get him in trouble. This is always a sure sign that he needs to hang out with some peers...I figure if he got his social in he wouldn't need to imagine it so much. :)


Mom and Dad Rasmussen, I am so sorry about your carpet! I guess when you live in Vegas its a problem that what happens there stays there!
*At my parents house this happened only it was Angeli and Eden using matalic blue naill polish! Ruined the carpet in my sister's room! :( So sorry!

3 comments:

Becca said...

Oh I'm so sorry!!! I know that's totally stressful when kids make big messes...especially when you aren't at home! Mom and Dad are totally understanding...They are such a good example to us all! We love you Emily!

Kip and Lindsay said...

Seriously...Kathy will always be a mother to me! She is the perfect example of a kind and loving parent. :0) That is terrible, I am so sorry. And good thing that they are only "things" you know?

Anne Marie said...

So sorry! Two preschoolers can definitely work fast. So glad that your in-laws were such angels about it.