Wednesday, August 5, 2009

not quite according to plan.

So things have not really gone according to our plans. I am in Reno - don't want to be but have to be because some car and medical insurance problems. The kids, my sister, and I left LA at 8:00 pm via my just repaired minivan and drove to Visalia where we realized we were really locked out of my parents house there and then after an hour of driving around trying to get gas and access to a bathroom we decided the heck with sleep and drove all the way to Reno. At 6:30 am (10 1/2 hours later mind you...its supposed to take 8ish hours) we drove up to our humble abode. I don't recommend this sort of family road trip. Now I sit here more tired then I have been for a long time feeling slightly depressed and trying to make plans for the future that I realize will only be made to be changed four times over again. The Lord has been by my side every step of the craziness of the past week so I feel peace but still with such little sleep and tons of unpacking to do that I will only have to be repacked in a couple days, a car that I think will need to be replaced soon after its two break downs and repairs this past week, and fear that I will continue to be thwarted in my efforts to be with my husband has left me feeling rather awful. And the kids are sick, did I mention that? Throw-up and diarrhea are not fun at all. But alas I am holding on to the hope that in not too long I will be able to give my husband a big old kiss, take a nap, and not have to drive a long distance for at least a week. Doesn't that sound like heaven? Well, it does to me. :)

*This is Benjie sticking out his tongue in protest to our foiled plans. :) Such a "Cutie Bum"!

2 comments:

Karrasch Clique said...

Dang! I am so sorry for all of your craziness, sickness, breakdown-ness and everything else that is going on! I hope things will work out better very very soon. So what 1/2 in tahoe are you talking about? Is it the one in September?

Anne Marie said...

So sorry about all the craziness. Sick kids...long car trips...being away from no hubby...no fun.