When I returned home I had lots of messages from our local elementary school asking if we'd like Bridger enrolled in preschool for this school year. I was thrilled it seemed too good to be true. But it really is true! They started a preschool for 3-5 year olds. Bridger's speech therapist and the little ladies who run the school held a spot for him even though there was a waiting list. I am so grateful! We arrived in town after they had already had their first week so we hurried and got him registered asap. It is FREE with breakfast and lunch provided. We love their teacher Mrs. Peabody. "Peabody", as the kids call her, is kind but firm and gives Bridger's hugs...these are all things Bridger needs. Bridger will love it I know already! Now I will have time to do one-on-one mommy preschool with Angeli which will be the best format for her to learn in. I was so stressed about meeting my children's needs and then this fell in our laps. I cant help but think it is a tender mercy. Next year Angeli will be going too! I cant believe how fast they are growing up.
When I dropped him off I was tearing up. I just couldn't believe how grown up he was that he was already going to be starting school. He looked so grown up with his backpack on and everything. I stayed for breakfast and the pledge of allegiance and then I walked him to his class at which point he was very ready to have me leave. He gave me a big hug and kiss and ran off. I stood there for five minutes just watching him all teary eyed.
When I picked him up he was all smiles showing me his beautiful artwork he had made. Angeli and Bridger embraced and they both took turns telling each other that they missed the other one. It was sweet. These two have hardly ever been separated.
* I know I am over doing it with all these pics and all my blogging in general but it's my way of sharing our life with daddy so please forgive my over zealousness. :)


3 comments:
Bridger, I am so proud of you! You are such a big boy. Your spider man back back is really cool. Good job picking it out. It will be fun to see you go to school when I get back home. Take care of mommy and your little bother and sister for daddy. I love you.
Oh, Bridger you are getting so big. I hope you love school. Your teacher seems really nice. Emily, I'm excited for you!! It will be such a blessing...Bridger will do awesome!! How fun, but I know it's still a little sad...oh they are growing up so fast! We love you guys!
Dang, I'm jealous. Patrick really needs preschool this year, and I really need him to be in preschool this year! I've got him on waiting lists at all the reasonably priced places here....let's hope someone drops out!
Post a Comment