I know few would realize it when they see me sporting my Walmart attire every day of the week but I am absolutely RICH! No, we did not win the Lotto or some HGTV give away. No, I am rich in a much more valuable way. I have got some serious family numbers! I came into the world absolutely obsessed with family. I would graffiti all over the walls of our house in tiny inconspicuous as possible 6 year old hand writing "I love my family." and when I thought it looked to obvious I would write "love, Mom" at the bottom hopping whoever noticed it would think it was mom who wrote it. Anyways, family is my favorite and having lots of family to love and to be loved by is simply wonderful. I have always believed that one of the best things about marrying Stewart was inheriting his family. It at least doubled my family love possibilities and that was a score in deed! I always get thinking about how much family I have every time a new baby enters into our extended family and with the birth of my new nephew Cable James Smith last week I have been thinking about it all over again. I just had to share how overwhelming blessed I feel to be able to claim all the family that I can. Not to mention what my kids are blessed with. They won't even know what to make of all their family members. They are seriously enfolded by spiritual giants on every side and I am so grateful to have so much to offer my children in the way of love, righteous examples, and support. So here are some fun figures about the family I've got:
2 parents
2 parent-in-laws
4 sisters
11 sister-in-laws
7 brothers
7 brother-in-laws
1 husband ;)
3 children
43 nieces and nephews (with 3 on the way)
8 Smith Aunts and Uncles
16(+/-) Smith cousins
5 Rasmussen Aunts and Uncles
11 Rasmussen cousins
12 Larsen Aunts and Uncles
40 Larsen cousins
1 great nephew (with 1 on the way)
Grand Total: 176 People to L-O-V-E
(with at least 4 on the way)
4 comments:
WOW! That's a lot of family!!! Families are the best.
Amazing! I also really love family! I live for family! It stinks that I've been having problems getting pregnant, but I'm sure the Lord has a reason for it right now (maybe we aren't supposed to have kids until Ryan finishes school? Who knows.) I always have hope we can have kids eventually. Families are GREAT!
Emily, You are so cute!! Thanks for always reminding us what is truly important in life!! Family is the best...I'm glad you are in my family!! Love you!!
Here's some more to add to your list. Doug and Jen's baby made #40 grandchild for Grandma, and there are 28 great-grands and as far as I know, 2 more on the way. I agree with you. Family is the best. When I married Carl, I only had 1 nephew, 1 sister, 1 brother, 1 sister-in-law and my Dad (plus lots of aunts, uncles, cousins, grandma etc.) I love big families!
Post a Comment