A while back we made a valiant effort to potty train both Bridger and Angeli. Bridger did great and has been potty trained ever since. But Angeli has been a little flaky about the whole thing. One day she'd be going potty in her potty chair most the day and the next be having accidents and asking for her diaper again. So we let her off the hook and have not really pushed for it. She would go potty about half of the time in the potty chair and half of the time in her diaper. And I think we have only changed like three poops in the past three months from her but the major glitch has been the "Big Potty!". Her little potty chair is the only potty she would ever use and those scary big ones were terrifying to her. After our big attempt to potty train her I bought a huge box of diapers for her from Costco and I made a personal goal to never have to buy her a box of diapers again...mostly because buying them broke the bank but also because I knew she was so close.
So this week I realized I had to buy her new diapers in the next couple days and I was sad to think we hadn't met our goal. But Angeli had a surprise up her sleeve. She announced unaided by anyone that she was not wearing diapers anymore. I was skeptical but I thought I would try to be supportive. And this girl has kept her word! Everyday since she has not let me put a diaper on her. Today we knew she wouldn't be able to make it through church with out a potty stop but she once again refused the diaper. I told her she would have to go in the big potty at church if she wouldn't wear a diaper and she said "OK, Mommy." So today she totally over came her fears and did it! All day today she has been going in our big potty! Way to go Angeli! In all, it has been three days since her declaration and she has not had an accident since. We have not even been asking her if she has to go or anything she just dose it...no candy, nothing to encourage her except her own gumption. She hasn't even wet the bed! I am so very proud of her. She is all grown up and its all on her own. I feel so grateful that I will never have to buy her another box of diapers! Seriously you have no idea how much we cant afford anything these days. I know this seems dramatic but I am counting it as a tender mercy! Angeli, you are such a beautiful, smart, happy, and valiant little girly! Way to go!
2020 goals
6 years ago
1 comments:
Way to go Angeli!!!! We are so proud of you! What a big girl you are!!! Emily, we are so excited for you too!!! Not having 3 kids in diapers, how exciting! We love you guys!
Post a Comment