Friday, May 29, 2009

Feeling Lonely

My life has gotten really slow paced these days. Summer is in the air and I seem to feel like doing nothing much besides having a picnic, going to the park, and splashing in the pool. This is the glitch though, I am a social person and at my happiest I hang out with some friend EVERYDAY. But alas Benjamin takes three naps a day. Do you know what that means? I am stuck at home. Which would be fine because thats all I really feel like doing but I wish someone would come over to my house and sit around with me. When I hit day number five with no girl friend interaction I get depressed and lonely. This is not a pity post just my thoughts. I think part of why I loved my life in Utah so much and have ached for it so often since we moved to Reno is because I'll I had to do was walk into my back yard and find friends to hang out with or walk down the street and be at my sister's house. But here in Reno to see my friends is an event. A planned limited time event that disrupts my children's naps, eating and such. So it is happening a lot less these days now that I have a major napper in my care. And while I enjoy the simplicity of my life and am trying to drink it up before the crazy days of going to school and soccer and such arrive I wish I had a girl friend next door. So.... two of my neighbors are moving? Any takers? ;O)

5 comments:

kami said...

i COMPLETELY understand what you mean. we only have one car and travis takes it to work, so i am stuck at home all day long - the days are too hot now to go outside so there aren't even trips to the park! it's really hard and i feel lonely a lot too and long for my days in provo as well! i just keep telling myself it won't be like this forever and that some day i will be able to be more social!

Anne Marie said...

If I could just figure out how to apparate, problem solved! I would love to come over and hang out with you. My babies just always learned how to sleep on the go...because I go crazy staying home. Maybe that's why it takes them so long to learn to sleep through the night...because they're used to sleeping in the car or against my chest in a baby bjorn. Hope you have some social time soon!

Cassidy said...

I've been getting lonely too. I'm SO not looking forward to 3rd year.

Kirsten said...

I am sorry you have been feeling a bit down...maybe you and Stew need to do residency in Ohio! ;-) I know it is two years off, but we'd have a good two years together at least!

I understand how you feel a little bit-all the moves of our friends have started...our ward is starting to feel like a plague has attacked it and taken it's members with it. Not fun. Call me if you ever feel like talking to pass the time. After this wedding next week, my summer is going to be empty and I can't wait. I think you need to plan a girls night out to a chocolate factory a dollar movie or something like that once a month. Then at least you'd have something to look forward to just for you...I don't know...just know I am thinking about you and wishing we could be there to pass the time with you...seriously though, think about Ohio...Sunday dinners, camping, Ticket to Ride....it could be really fun!!!! Luv you girlie!

AmyJane said...

We'll come hang out with you! I actually have a car for the next three days, since Sean is at camp. Today is crazy--and I assume we have playgroup, but we're wide open tommorow. What time? :)