Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Special Night

Elder David A. Bednar and Elder Neal L. Anderson, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and Elder W. Craig Zwixk of the First Quorum of the Seventy came to Reno yesterday and held a special "discussion" for the young adults in the Northern Nevada area. It was a question and answer type thing and it was so fun to have such a personable unscripted interaction with them. They sort of asked us that we didn't go and blog about what they said and I will respect that and write those special things I felt in my personal journal but I just wanted to say that I really have a testimony that each of these men are Called of God. I am grateful for their love and testimony that they shared with us.

I also wanted to share how I thought it was so interesting that one of the overarching themes they seemed to teach us was that while having them there so close was special the Spirit that communes with us and teaches us truths and principles is the same whether an Apostle is there or not. It was empowering to realize that I just need to get down on my knees, open my scriptures, read the Ensign or whatever and I can tap into that same Spirit I felt last night. So, Yay! The Gospel is true. The Apostles are kind men with great senses of humor who are called of God. They really are special witnesses of Christ. The tomb still stands empty. Christ lives. The Atonement is the center of it all and I know it with my whole being!

P.S. We made a wrong turn on our way home from the stake center and found ourselves along the main strip in downtown Reno. There was a bus carting strippers around town stopped next to us at a couple stop lights and thus the contrast from where we had just been to that was startling and sad. It was so odd to see all these people going about doing worldly things so unaware that true Apostles of Christ were right there...just up the street. I am so grateful I knew. So very grateful.

0 comments: