Thursday, March 12, 2009

where much is given

After our Benjie was born and I was having my post delivery freakout I was praying that I could meet the needs of my now THREE children. We had this adorable boy with complete faith that we could afford him and take care of all of the demands of three kids three and under. The spirit whispered to my heart (the Spirit comes to me in distinct words) that just as "where much is given much is required" so also "where much is required much is given". The Lord seemed to say that I was indeed being asked a lot of and that I would only be asked more of as time went on but I would always have the promise that I would be blessed a hundred fold as I went forward with faith. It was a really sweet experience for me. So three months later...

we are getting a fence! Three months ago if someone told me we'd be getting a fence at this point of our "med-schoolhood" I would be ecstatic and very disbelieving. But we are. It is sitting in our garage right now. It arrived yesterday. YAY! :O) Our lives have pretty much been consumed with our fence saga this past month now. And not only are we getting a fence but a PATIO too!!! AND I guess what you'd call blessing number three is that I am getting a triple stroller. I am selling my beloved B.O.B. double jogging stroller. A lady is picking it up today. :( It makes me very sad to see it go, but it is all in the cause of getting a triple jogger. Yes, they make those and yes, they are ridiculously huge. AND blessing number FOUR is our new park. Our house is in a funny little place that unbeknownst to us was once completely surrounded by trailer parks. But years before we moved here they flooded out and all that has been there since is dry ugly Nevada dust, tumble weeds, and the Trukee river. I have been obsessed with the idea that they turn the huge abandoned trailer park into a park and guess what!?! They have! It will open later this spring. It is going to be my dream park. We are talking running trails and everything. I went and explored it the other day on a little run and I was so dang thrilled! I sort of feel like the Lord had them build it just to make me happy. Running is my life-line and trail running is my FAVORITE thing ever. And now I have it two minutes from my front door! Honestly the windows of heaven are opening up for us and I am thrilled and even a little disbelieving.

5 comments:

Andelin said...

My heart is full for you!! Talk about tender mercies! Congratulations! I'm seriously so excited for you to get your fence and to just bask in your children being able to roam free outside without having to follow them so closely.

So does this really work? I'm thinking I should have a lot more children really close together! I would soo love a patio in my backyard! I don't think Lee would think that it was such a fair trade off though....Little would he know, that it was we who would be getting the better end of the deal! Though hard, children are such a wonderful blessing!

Congrats, Em! I love you!

Cassidy said...

That's awesome! All of it!

Becca said...

Oh I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see pictures of all these blessings!!! I'm so happy for you guys!

Anne Marie said...

Catchin' up on all your news. So happy about the fence, the park, and the stroller! Essentials for a sweet mama taking care of her 3 aged 3 and under. Your kids look darling in all the pictures I've missed recently.

C and D Hayes Family said...

The blessing of a fence truly is one of the greatest gifts for a mother. Congratulations and enjoy the increase of sanity!