Sunday, March 15, 2009

fence, fence, and more fence

We have learned why the quote we originally got to have our fence installed for us was $7500. It is dang hard work! But thanks to our Ward we are doing it for less then half of that. Our ward and especially Brother Baker have banded together to help us and it has really meant the world to us. I have never seen such service. And really Brother Baker is the real hero of our fence and patio project. He has made what would have been a nightmare for us to do on our own into a fun experience. Bless his heart a million times!We really love our ward!

These pics are mainly for the parents. I know they are excited, a little nervous and wishing they could be here to help so we wanted to share the evidence of Studly Stew's and our Ward's hard work!

Day One: I drove out to Virginia city to get our property map (that was an interesting experience for sure), I had the water and power people mark where we can not dig, Stew and Bro. Baker measured out our property lines, drove stakes where each post would go, and Stew got the sprinklers ready for the patio work we'd be doing down the road.


Day Two: The fence Arrived! Stew and his buddies unloaded the huge truck of our fence parts and filled our entire garage with it.


Day Three: I called our neighbors wintering in Arizona and told them that they had a foot and a half of our land and that we were going to be taking it back. I was so nervous I hung up and cried. I hate confrontation. Then there was major post hole digging. This was the most painful part. Stewart, Chad Watts, Nathan Valentine, and Justin Smith dug our post holes until late at night. The blisters left on their hands were evidence to their kind service.


Day Four: Ward fence day!!! George Baker, Nathan Valentine & his cute family, Justin Smith & his cute pregnant wife, Bro. McCurdy, Dan Davis, Dee Summers & his son, Dee Summers' friend, Bro. Campos, Perry Smith, Brian Smith, Sham and his two sons all came out to help us get our posts in. Our entire neighborhood was in awe of the team we had helping us build our fence and so were we!
Days five through ten still to come! ;)

5 comments:

AdaMandy said...

Hurray for your fence we are so excited for you guys! Our ward is great.

Becca said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you guys!!! It's going to look awesome!! I can't wait to see more pictures. I wish we lived closer and so we could help...but I'm glad you guys have such good friends. Your ward sounds awesome!!

Kip and Lindsay said...

That sounds like really hard work! It reminds me of the movie "The Ultimate Gift" Have you ever seen that? Well I guess everyone will leave this experience with the gift of work, if they didn't know how to work before. :0) It will be so nice for you and your kiddos when you will be done!

Kirsten said...

Yeah for fences!! I bet your kids are loving it and it will be such a great piece of mind to have a yard that fenced off where the kids can roam. Your summer will be fun for sure! That's awesome about your ward...they all sound like incredible people! Yeah for Stewart becoming all handy and all. That's awesome! ;-)

Andelin said...

Whoo-hoo! Lookin' good!