So a while back I decided to potty train my kids. I wasn't sure how it would go. I sort of thought we'd give it our best and then have to stop and try again a little later on down the road. And basically that is what ended up happening. I think we could have made it work but I got so busy in my own things that I lost my ambition and let my kids off the hook.
But they did great. They got so they went in the potty really well and everything all on their own...we're talking going without even needing to tell me and emptying out their potty in the toilet all by themselves. Really good right?!?! Yes, it was. But only when they were naked on their bottom half. As soon as we'd put undies on them they'd forget and wet their pants.
Time has passed and I have decided we really are going to be done with three diapers at a time. I have started PHASE TWO - Underpants training.
Basically they have to wear their underpants all day long. Every time they go in the potty they get a sticker to put on their chart and a small candy. The first time they go all day without forgetting they don't have a diaper on they get a special sticker and a prize. Once they go ten days without wetting their pants they get a toy they picked out. We are starting today.
I am excited and a little nervous. I hope this isn't too soon for Angeli, that I stick to our plan, and that we soon can be saving ourselves a heck of a lot of money on diapers!
2020 goals
6 years ago
1 comments:
Ooh, good luck. Hope it is succesful!
Post a Comment