I just read The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate. I am a huge fan! I am planning on buying the book for kids and read that one too. So I am really curious as to what everyone's love languages are. I am sort of obsessed with trying to express my love for people but I am really lame at doing it in any other language then my top two so I am really trying to learn and I would like to know yours so I can express love in ways that will actually translate to the recipient. Here is the quiz you can take to find out. It doesn't take long and it is really quite interesting. Let me know your results!
Here are my results for the hubby version of the test (12 being the highest score and 0 the lowest):
Quality Time: 9
Physical Touch: 5
Acts of Service: 4
Gifts: 0
* I think if the test was directed for people in general physical touch would fall below acts of service for me.
*to all those who's number one love language is gifts I apologize that I am outright retarded at that one. I not only have a hard time excepting gifts, I feel guilty, but I rarely think to give them....I am working on it though! I love all you gift givers I promise! ;O)
4 comments:
Matt and I read that book when we were dating. I found it rather interesting. Matt is mostly words of affirmation and I am mostly quality time and acts of service. We also loved reading the color code book when we were dating.
So Emily, I took the quiz thinking that words of affirmation were totally my love language, but I came to find out this...
Quality Time: 10
Words of Affirmation: 6
Acts of Service: 5
Physical Touch: 5
Receiving Gifts: 4
Funny thing....thanks for sharing that with me! Now I know the way I feel loved the most, which surprisingly wasn't how I thought. :0)
I love that book, but I haven't read it in a while. I didn't even know there was one for kids. That's nice to know. Quality Time is the most for me, the others are pretty even, with gifts being least important. I will definitely look into the kids one.
I've told you mine, but I'll say it again. Time. Lee's is words. We think we may have our kids figured out as well: David is time. Eli is touch. Luke is gifts. Eden not sure yet, touch or service.
Post a Comment