Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer Vacation: Grandma & Grandpa Smith's

Being at my parents house is one of my favorite things to do to get all revamped and tuned up again. Its good for my soul. After Yosemite we headed to my parents home in Burbank. It was so nice to be home. I got to see my sister Shayla, my sister Anj and her sweet family, my brother Charles, and my Niece Christie and her cute little boy as well as spending time with my parents.




Whenever I go home I like to pick little things to do to sort of share my growing up years with my own little family. So we went to Porto's bakery, my childhood home where I grew up and the park I played at nearly everyday of my life as a kid, and showed them my elementary school, and high school. I went running on a bunch of my old cross country runs and I thought I would feel all nostalgic but really I just felt so grateful I never have to go through high school again. Man I hated high school! :) I just felt super grateful for my life now...that I left Burbank the day after I graduated high school and never looked back was the best thing I ever did. It's not that its a bad place, on the contrary it is wonderful, it was just a bad place for me. Besides my family, my ward family, and a few sweet souls at school that time of my life was hellish for me. My runs and bumping into my old coach left me feeling so grateful for my wonderful life with a husband i adore and kids that make my world go round. Oh, in high school I never thought such happiness existed. sigh. sorry for gushing.


anyways... we also went down to Hollywood. That was fun we showed the kids the studios in Burbank (they were excited to see where all the "Disney movies were actually made!") and then the main Hollywood drag with the sign and the stars and stuff. We went to "soul daddy's" that restaurant that won America's next best restaurant chain show or something like that. I liked it, the kids not so much and it was a bit pricey...but still it was cool to go to their place after watching the whole season. There were like a million tourists down there and there was a group of Asian girls that were so taken with Genevieve that they asked if they could take pictures with her. Ha! that was cute.
While we were there we also went to the beach and to disneyland but those are posts of there own. Stay tunned...:O)

1 comments:

Andelin said...

looks like fun! I love to see my family! I love my family!