Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer Vacation: Yosemite

So we went on an almost month long vacation and although I am so busy I am forcing myself to blog it all because I know I might forget the details and lose all drive to blog about it if I I don't do it now and I DON'T want to forget...So our first stop was Yosemite.

So on our drive it started snowing! Yes it was June 1st and it was snowing. The mountain pass we were supposed to take was closed do to heavy snow. So we took another road, it was the scenic route and it was snowy too but not too bad. It was so pretty though. I think just that drive was really one of my vacation high lights. It was a breathtaking drive, plus we were just so excited to get out of town.

We got to Yosemite later then we had hoped but it was so pretty. We rented this super cute yurt..totally recommend them, had a great dinner and then drove down to the valley floor. Well, first we stopped at the sequoia grove at the entrance to the park and started the hike but it started snowing and we were freezing and under dressed and so after a ways I made us turn back.

I have never been to Yosemite before so it was so exciting for me. We did the loop around the valley floor and then headed to the yurt for the night. The kids thought the yurt was the coolest thing ever. The next day we did a full day of adventuring. We did some little hikes with the kids which I can tell you is no small feat! The kids were tired by the end of the day and so were Stewart and I. But it was worth it. For me, being out in nature is pretty much my favorite thing...LOVED IT! We took a bunch of pictures and LOVED the scenery, if I were a really good photographer and if I had a really fancy camera these pictures would take your breath away! Honestly everywhere you looked you wanted to take a picture because the beauty was so picturesque and so strikingly beautiful. I can see how Yosemite inspired the National Forest program. The falls were huge because of the late snows that they had this year. The falls were awesome! You cant tell very well in the pictures but you couldn't get very close at all without the spray just covering you in mist. It was super fun.

We left late that evening and then drove to my parents house in Visalia and spent the night there with my dad who was there doing work in the central valley. I love their little Visalia house. It is their sanctuary from L.A. and its were they have their small orchard (24+ fruit trees) and my mom decorates to her hearts content in whites, yellows, and blues without the fear of it all getting stained and dirty from everyday life. :O)

After a good nights sleep and really long showers we headed to Burbank...which will be my next post. Enjoy some of our pictures! :O)


1 comments:

Andelin said...

looks gorgeous!