Every once and a while I get a vision for a project and it has to be done. Usually they are time consuming and sometimes expensive but they consume me and I have to do them...I feel like they are my little babies that I have to bring to life. Examples: my bedroom redo, my backyard projects, my three clay plates saying "yum" in Thai, English, and Spanish hanging in my kitchen, my flower garden in my front yard, my Family Home Evening lesson box, picture collage hanging in my living room, just stuff like that.
So today I had a new project come to me and I am obsessed with the idea. While I was running I was listening to the priesthood session of conference. They were talking about the famous rugby player who served a mission rather then join the number one team. I was thinking about how I wanted to share that story with my boys when they were older and it hit me. I am going to make a picture collage of all my male heroes I'd like my sons to emulate. I want to focus on role models that I see my sons sharing similar characteristics with who have lived righteous and valiant lives. I want to print it as a poster with the title at the top stating, "heroes" then I want to frame it and hang it in their room. To go along with it I will make and print a nice hardcover picture book with the picture and story of each of the heroes that are on their hero poster. Then I can read them the stories about the men on their wall and those great qualities, characteristics, and positive examples will hopefully become the things they personal strive for. Oh, I am so excited to do it. I probably wont get to hang it on their walls until we are in Tucson but it will surely take me that long to get it done anyways. But I had to share and if anyone wants to take the idea and run with it for their kids go for it!
Men I know I want on it: Grandpa Smith, Grandpa Rasmussen, their pioneer ancestor Christian Christiansen, their pioneer ancestor named Bridger, Joseph Smith Jr., Sidney Going, their daddy, Great Grandpa Rasmussen, Captain Moroni...
2020 goals
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment