I have wanted to take the kids pictures outside of the temple since Easter but it hasn't happened until this weekend. I am so happy I was able to take them this weekend. My kids aren't the best at posing for pictures but I think these turned out cute anyways. On the way there they were saying how much they did not want to go but once we got there I think they were filled with the spirit of the temple and were so happy to be there. They were running around and talking about angel Moroni and exclaiming how beautiful it all was. When it was time to go they were all upset that we had to go. Benjamin was crying saying, "I want to go into Jesus' house!" I was sad he was sad but I thought to myself, "Mission accomplished!" That is what I want these pictures to instil in them, a desire to go into the temple. I am going to make picture colleges to frame and hang in their rooms so that they will grow up knowing where they want to go someday, the temple. I want them to really see themselves there. I don't think the pictures will get hung until we move to Tucson but I am still so very glad we made the time to do this. It was really fun, sweet experience.
Stewart's family always made a point on their vacations and such to visit the temple and to a take family pictures in from of them as they visited them. All throughout their picture books and hung on their walls are pictures of them from all ages and stages of their family visiting the temples around the United States. I hope to continue that tradition...so here we start! Reno Nevada Temple, July 2011!


2020 goals
6 years ago
2 comments:
what a great tradition...I might have to steal it as well :) THe pictures are super cute!
Emily~ this is so great! We also have this tradition. It was special when we were in logan last year and Lanay got to "go to her temple". There was a conference talk a while back that said if you let your children touch the temple, the temple will touch your children. I have been amazed at how true this is. With the youth baptisms being so frequent now Chelly has more opportunities than I did as a youth and a renewed sense of her temple marriage goal every time she attends. What a strength that will be to her! And to all the other children who attend often as a youth. The pics are great thanks so much for sharing! I love having Bridger in my class and will miss my big boy when you leave!
Post a Comment