I wish I had time and energy to upload the pictures of the kids at swim lessons, or of us camping in the backyard and roasting marshmallows, our fun bike rides along the river, or of us all at the drive in movie last weekend or any of that but alas my life is so crazy its not going to happen. But as it stands I do want to remember this chapter of my life which means my recording it here on my blog...so here is goes.
So far we hate residency but we are getting better at dealing with all the stress and strain it has put on our family, our relationship, and our health. Just to capture it Stewart has lost 16 lbs. in three weeks because of the fact that he is so stressed and has basically no time to eat. poor man. I am basically a single mom of four which has been a test of my endurance but I am getting some great strategies to help me cope. This next week is his last week of night float so thank heaven! Yesterday I gave Stewart a hug goodbye after seeing him for a grand total of 40 minuets that day and I started to cry and he even started crying. poor guy. I think we was just so exhausted he couldn't handle me falling apart.
We are gearing up to sell our house. It is so all up in the air but I have realized these past weeks that I and I alone will be moving us and that is so overwhelming. I can barley keep our home running let alone be packing us up and finding a new house and blah blah blah...but the Lord always takes care of us so I have no doubt that it will all work out really well in the end.
We have entered a new phase of poor which is really fun. ;) But its an upgrade...no more help from the government or parents or anything. Yup, we're finally going to be self sufficient. Go us! And of course the Lord is watching out for us. One night last week I was up late trying to get the house put back together and was in the middle of doing the dishes and I felt this overwhelming need to pay my tithing. I was just going to pay it on Sunday but the spirit kept whispering that I needed to pay it now so I could receive the blessings we needed so I found an envelope and then a check book that had checks in it and then an envelope that actually had a tithing slip in it and at 10:30pm I put it in the mail box. I am not sure if that is why but even though I have officially retired from hand prints I had six appointment last week and one lady expressed to me that she wants to be trained. Blessing from heaven!
Bridger is stressing me out. School is starting and I am not sure how he'll do with his sensory issues and I'm sure some learning disabilities, and then with his speech and hyper activity it is a struggle at times to keep my cool. I hope to be able to find the right specialists that can help me get him in a good place so he learns to like school and to think of himself as successful at it. I want him to see who he really is without all his "disabilities". It is a hard thing to deal with because its not like people really understand what I am dealing with and I get all sorts of "help" from people that is not helpful at all. Like telling me that if I would only give him more structure or if I'd only discipline better then he'd be fine...no people its not that simple. If he were an average kid it would be but he really has some special needs so I need some more special help. I had a talk with him the other day after he was in serious timeout for going on a hitting spree. It was really tender...we talked about how hard things were for him and I talked about getting him help so that things would be easier so he could have better control over his behavior and learning how to read could get easier and the Spirit was so strong and he looked at me with so much relief and said he really wanted help. Oh, my sweet boy. I love him to pieces and I know I am being led to get him the help he needs despite how many naysayer there are out there telling me I am wrong.
Genevieve is the the little heart of the family right now. At just barely six months she is chubby little ball of joy! EVERYONE adores her. We all sit and play with her all day long she is a total doll. No one can make her laugh more then her siblings they adore each other...plus when I tell them we have to clean up toys to protect Genevieve from eating stuff and dieing/chocking they are like, "Hurry mom! We have to hurry and save Genevieve!" Love it! ;)
I have just a few finishing touches on our house and then I will be doing a photo shoot for the Realtor to use on our MLS...I am so excited to have all the little things I wanted to do finally come together. I hope our house sells quickly. We just cant afford it anymore (well like we ever could!)....where we will live? hmmmm...that's a good question. My nomad neighbors offered us to live in their house for free...that would be interesting. But I just keep praying that whatever is supposed to happen will happen. Time will tell.
Next month Stewart has a really really easy rotation so we are trying to figure out what we will be doing. We were going to do some vacationing but with our finances so tight I am not sure what we will do. We might just start packing up the house in our spare time... I am not sure. I am leaving that one up to Stewart....I'd like to do San Fransisco before we move but if not its not that big of a deal.
I am finally getting used to being in young womens. I really love the girls. It is a really great place to serve in the church. I only have one year to be there with them. Two weeks before I was called I knew I was going to be called to YW and the President said before she had been called the spirit had told her that she was going to be the president and that I was to be her counselor. So I feel this desire to make a difference, that I am there for a specific reason, I want to do all I can to help the girls. It has been a rocky start though since getting to the activities with no babysitter and stuff is a major feat! But I am loving it even though it is stretching me to new limits.
I am already working on Christmas gifts. I want a stress free Christmas as much as possible and with our housing situation being up in the air I am going to get the gifts done super early so when
the season comes around I can just enjoy it and not stress about all the cousin gifts and such. I think I'll thank myself for it when the time comes.
I am trying to lose the baby weight that has not wanted to leave me...I lost almost six pounds these past two weeks so that is encouraging. I have a lot more to lose but I'll get there. I've been running everyday the past two weeks (well except Sundays) and this past week I've done sit ups and stuff and kick boxing four times. So woot woot me! My sister is going to be my little cheer leader and we are going to call each other every Monday and report our progress to each other. So I think that will be really fun. And on the topic of sisters...my sisters and I are sort of planning a sister's weekend in Tahoe/Reno this next spring. I am so excited. We hope to do one every year and take turns hosting it. Oh, I am really looking forward to it!
I've been doing preschool with my three preschoolers and that is pretty great...I wish I had the energy to upload the pictures of us doing our "T" party and our "V"alcano eruption and all that jazz. Its been fun.
My egg allergies are killing me. I have to be super careful that what I eat doesn't have any eggs in it. I made a vegan cake this week and it was not that great. Bummer. I am going to see an allergist this next month to be tested. I am interested to hear what he'll have to say about it. Oh, and I should be able to see a vein specialist this next year too so I am really hoping I can have some work done on my veins! That would be really nice.
....and I think I am finally speechless. Sorry, when I don't get to talk to adults very often I get even more "chatty"! Have a happy Saturday everyone!
2020 goals
6 years ago
1 comments:
I am exhausted just from reading this. Honestly. I need to go lie down. :) Will call you soonish--it's been too long!
Post a Comment