My baby is six months! Say what?!?!? I cant believe it. but alas it is true. Genevieve has truly been here on this blessed earth for a whole six months. And she is more fun then ever. This month she learned how to sit up by herself. She is crawling around with not perfect coordination but with great effectiveness nonetheless. She is gabbering up a storm. She still loves her pacifier, she puts herself to sleep and sleeps through the night regularly. Her new skill this week was mastering going from a crawling position to a sitting up position all by herself. Its made her a very happy baby that she can do it. She is a grown up little lady baby. She is already trying to stand up and I think she finds it odd that she cant just stand straight up like the rest of us and start walking. Every so often I announce crawling time and we all have to crawl on the floor and she looks at us like we are crazy, but she still loves it. I think she feels less left out of the fun that way.
She is a determined little girl and independent but still wants her mommy right by her side if we have visitors or are out and about. When daddy comes home and I hold her up to say "hi" she smiles and laughs with delight and then quickly turns back to me and grabs me tight as if to say, "I really like daddy but don't hand me over I want to be with you." She is starting to really like solids. She is already insisting on feeding herself. She does pretty good to. We get the spoon ready and she grabs it and puts it in her mouth. Ha! Who knew a six month old could handle that. She is always watching what we do and is eager to give everything a try with the confidence that it will be as easy as it looks.
Her laughter is so funny. It is a feat to get her really belling rolling but she does her little "ha ha's" (as I call them) almost constantly. Sometimes when we are trying to get her to laugh and she is just not feeling it she starts doing this little fake laugh which is just too cute. Angeli still might be her favorite next to mom, although Ben and Bridger are a close third. Bridger is the cutest big brother for her. He is always looking out for her. He is always bringing me things that she was playing with that he doesn't think are safe, like the broken plastic cup because "This side is sharp mom, and I don't want her to get a cut. That would be really bad, huh mom!?!?" Benjamin follows his older siblings example and he gives her hugs and kisses although I think sometimes he wonders why we all adore her so much, but he goes with the flow in a cheery way. He likes to ask me questions like, "Why does baby spit up her milks lots of the times?". He is as always such a kind hearted little man.
The most common comments I get about her are that she looks like a perfect little Gerber baby, so chubby, and pretty. I also get the comments that she looks like a little baby doll. I agree completely. And her most recent nicknames are: perfect, my little perfect, my little doll,
Genei-v-v, Genevieve (pronounced the french way - very fancy I tell you!), and Genevieves.
Her Stats: weight 17.8 lbs.(75-90%), height 26.5 in.(60-75%), and head
circumference 16.5 in. (25%)
Here she is looking so cute in the little dress my mom bought/sewed for her. I told my mom how pretty she looked in soft pinks so she couldn't resist. She found this antique hand sewn dress on I think ebay and bought it but when it arrived it was falling apart so she took it apart, washed it, and then sewed it back together for her! Oh, I love my mom. I really do love her in this shade of pink. Genevieve really is such a doll!
2020 goals
6 years ago
2 comments:
She's such a beautiful baby! You just can't help but want to kiss those cheeks and squeeze on her! She's absolutely adorable!! I'm lucky to be her aunt! It was so fun to come down in June when we stopped by on our way to Tahoe to see your family and love on this little one. What a great family you have...I love all your kiddos, give them a big hug from me and crazy uncle Nathan :) Kisses
She really looks like such a sweetheart with a fun, cute personality. I can't believe how big she is getting. I can't wait to meet her someday too...she's going to be walking by then!! I hope this next month of rotations goes well for you guys! LUv ya lots!
Post a Comment